Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john425 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 02:51 AM
    Would like a workout routine with little actual equipment.
    I have worked out for the past three years of my life in a gym, with recent factors I do not have the time to go to the gym anymore- it is just way to far away now with being outa college in living back at home during summer break- (for about the last four months I have been kind of out of it) and have noticed a loss in tone and strength.

I know a lot of what I can do with the proper equipment, and have searched some websites online with what I have (a straight bench, and weights 25 and below, which are nothing for me).

Just recently I started doing some standard lifts with the dumbells. Tris, Bis, forearms, shoulders. Running again (Have an Olyptical machine at the house) and able to do about 6 Miles within 45 minutes before becoming heavily exhausted.

Been doing this plus normal ab routine (Leg lifts, assorted array of crunches) and push ups.

My question- does anyone know of a routine or some guidelines that I can do to go above and beyond what I am doing right now with my current weights? Also, my lower abs have basically, become flat again (Had a six pack for the longest time) and don't really recall what kept those going. Know leg lifts do a little bit, as does running, but would like some further information on that if possible.

With everything I have been doing for the past week, I have felt sore (not working out for that long will do it) but am already reaching the point where the weights are almost minuscule even doing numerous more reps. Just wondering if anyone has some pointers they can throw my way to get me by for the next month and a half when school starts back up and can hit up the gym again.

Thank you
    Revolutionary Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jul 18, 2007, 11:26 PM
    You could try getting a pilates DVD. It's going to target deeper abdominal muscles than you're used to at the gym, improve your posture, balance, and flexibility. In general, a strong core supports your whole body, and if you're as bulked upo as I think you are, you're going to need a lot of core support, or you're going to be experiencing some back pain, if you're not already.

Pilates helps you to strengthen and elongate all of your muscles, but especially your core abdominal muscles.
    john425 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 12:30 AM
    Thanks actually researched it and picked up a few DVDs today. How I am built, I wouldn't say bulky but very toned. Weight about 170 now, 5'8". Hit up my friends gym today intown and right now very, very soar. Couldn't squat what I used to- but was closer then I thought I would be 345lbs, was near 400 before I stopped.
    Benched 230 today which I was dissapointed with; was near 275 before. Can really tell the difference after hitting the gym again. Glad I have gotten back into this routine though, relieves a lot of stress I have had lately in my personal life and feeling better about myself, and more persay accomplished with things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coastal Vacations - The actual PRODUCT [ 24 Answers ]

I am new Level 1 associate with Coastal Synergy group. I've read a vast majority of the pros, cons, and reviews for both CSG and Coastal Vacations, and I have a reasonably solid understanding of the business system. So my question is NOT about whether CSG is a good home-based business, but...

New Routine [ 4 Answers ]

hey I used to do circuit workout 3x a week and now I do 3x a week diff muscle groups, because I haven't really seen any change w/ what I have been doing. Is this a good move, because I know a lot of people and whatever do it. I'll try and see thanks, but any advice would be good

Determining actual factory overhead [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with the following problem. I am not really sure how I should go about solving it. -The books of Peach Tree Products Company revealed that the following general journal entry had been made at the end of the current accounting period: Factory Overhead... 2,000 ...

Can Someone Explain The Actual Meaning Of This Email ? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. I got this email from my girlfriend. We hv been into an online relationship from past 1yr 9 months ! We hv never met each other. Things were going fine until, last week she went to this trip with her family and when she came back, she was acting as if I meant nothing to her :( . 2 days later I...

View more questions Search