Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mohsin2b1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 01:53 AM
    NTFS permissions
    Hello Sir I have a question that we have windows server 2003 and Windows XP on clients we are four members of domain admins group when I create a document all other three can acces my document even I have not given access to them but they have ownership rights through wich they take ownership and add themselves and access my document.Is It possible that I can restrict access without having 3rd party softwares I will be thankful to you.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 04:42 AM
    How to Set NTFS Permissions for a File or Folder

To set NTFS permissions for a file or folder:

1. Start Windows Explorer, and then locate the file or folder that you want to set permissions for.
    2. Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
    3. To configure permissions for a new user or group, click Add. In the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box, type the name of the user or group that you want to set permissions for, click Check Names to verify the name, and then click OK.
    4. To permit or deny a permission in the Permissions for User or Group list, click the user or group in the Group or user names list, and then click to select the Allow or Deny check box next to the permission that you want to permit or deny.

Or, to remove the group or user, click the user or group in the Group or user names list, and then click Remove.
    5. Click OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows XP - File Permissions [ 1 Answers ]

So, the other day I finally got bored with "simple file sharing" in windows XP and disabled it so I could actually set permissions on files. My intentions where to disable the guest account from accessing my development folders with all my source code and stuff... I accidentally selected the wrong...

File permissions [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Expert, Help! I have a MS Word document uploade to an e-mail folder for 'safe' keeping a while ago. Now downloaded on to desktop and or floppy, I am unable to open it with the following suggestions being offered by the computer: >The document name or path is not valid. >Try these...

View more questions Search