Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becky86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2005, 10:42 AM
    Trojan.ByteVerify just won't leave
    I have a trojan, and this is where it is on my computer:

c:/Documents and Settings/Becky/Application Data/
    Sun/Java/Deployment/cache/javapi/v1.0/jar/count3.jar-713da034.zip=>Dummy.class

It is the trojan: Trojan.ByteVerify

I have a: Dell Inspiron 5150
    Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU
    2.80GHz
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Operating System Version: 5.1.2600

I have scanned my computer with NAV, Spybot SAD, Counterspy, Adaware SE, Spyware Doctor, and BitDefender.
    Only BitDefender shows I have the Trojan.Byteverify on my computer, though it is unable to move or repair the file.
    I tried deleting my java files, but I don't think they all deleted because the virus still shows that it's there.
    I do not know how to delet the java caches on my computer, to see if that might work.
    I did try turning off my system restore and then restarting the computer in safe mode and then scanning it, but that did
    not help either (though it is what Symantec said to do.) I have cleared my internet history and all content on and offline,
    but that also seems to make no difference.
    Any help with my situation is greatly appreciated, I only wish I knew more myself so that I wouldn't have to bother all of you out there!

Thanks so much,
    Becky

p.s. If any additional info is needed, please, feel free to post on here what you might need to help me out! Thanks again!
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jul 17, 2005, 08:44 AM
    Becky,

Give this a try... under Windows XP, I recommend to temporarily turn off your System Restore option.

>> RightClick MyComputer > Properties. Select System Restore tab, check Turn OFF System Restore & Apply...

Delete your java cache.

>> Control Panel> Java > (under Temp Internet Files) - Delete Files

Go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com run a full scan. Reset System Restore ON...

Good Luck,

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by Becky86
    I have a trojan, and this is where it is on my computer:

c:/Documents and Settings/Becky/Application Data/
    Sun/Java/Deployment/cache/javapi/v1.0/jar/count3.jar-713da034.zip=>Dummy.class

It is the trojan: Trojan.ByteVerify

I have a: Dell Inspiron 5150
    Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU
    2.80GHz
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Operating System Version: 5.1.2600

I have scanned my computer with NAV, Spybot SAD, Counterspy, Adaware SE, Spyware Doctor, and BitDefender.
    Only BitDefender shows I have the Trojan.Byteverify on my computer, though it is unable to move or repair the file.
    I tried deleting my java files, but I don't think they all deleted because the virus still shows that it's there.
    I do not know how to delet the java caches on my computer, to see if that might work.
    I did try turning off my system restore and then restarting the computer in safe mode and then scanning it, but that did
    not help either (though it is what Symantec said to do.) I have cleared my internet history and all content on and offline,
    but that also seems to make no difference.
    Any help with my situation is greatly appreciated, I only wish I knew more myself so that I wouldn't have to bother all of you out there!

Thanks so much,
    Becky

p.s. If any additional info is needed, please, feel free to post on here what you might need to help me out! Thanks again!
    Becky86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2005, 08:49 PM
    It worked!
    Press2Esc,

Thanks soooo much! I tried what you said and it worked! I'm so thrilled at the moment, you're such a life saver!

Thanks again,
    Becky
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jul 18, 2005, 07:57 AM
    [CLOSED] Infected with Trojan.ByteVerify
    Glad to help Becky and thanks for letting EVERYONE know it worked! You just passed on your newly acquired expertise to others (less fortunate) who having the same problem and lack the solution...

Back at you lady! :D

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by Becky86
    Press2Esc,

Thanks soooo much! I tried what you said and it worked! I'm so thrilled at the moment, you're such a life saver!

Thanks again,
    Becky

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When to know you should leave [ 24 Answers ]

Need advice from anyone at this point.. I have been married for nine years, for seven years in the marriage my husband has been doing everything for every one but his family. He has left me so lonely that about a few years ago, I went to visit family and ran into an old friend. Yes a male...

How do I know when to leave [ 10 Answers ]

:( I have been with this man for years and I have been unhappy for about ten but I have been tiring to make it work he has no job we have a six year old son and he has been very mean to me ever since he found out I cheated but the only reason I did was one time with a old friend I knew for years...

Trojan. ByteVerify- I need help please! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have encountered this trojan and it seems to be working hard to avoid deletion. MW 2000-5.00.2195 Service Pack 4 Intel (R) Celeron CPU 1.80 Ghz Dell Dimension 2300 The additional bugs found by Ad-Aware are: Beyond.Class

Trojan.Byteverify or JavaBytEver HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP. My brother built the computer and does not know the administrator password that he set up for me, which limits some options(like safe mode). I am running two expired antivirus softwares with virus definitions that won't renew. (PC-cilin 2006 and Norton Antivirus 2005) They...

Should I leave him [ 14 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfreind for 4yrs. I lived with him the first 3 then he kicked me out for hearing I was cheating, which I wasn't and he knows.We have been getting along very well, but every time he gets angry with me for the smallest thing (ex. Calling him more than once when he is out with...

View more questions Search