Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Are you an expert on Craftsman Riding Mowers?
    I have a Craftsman LT 2000 18HP 42" cut, manual transmission. It is a 2004 and it has very low hours (40). I was cutting with it and it just stopped, the engine kept running just fine, the blades kept spinning but it was like it was in neutral. It can put it in any gear but nothing happens. Everything works great except that it seems like the clutch is pushed in all the time. I have visually checked all obvious parts.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Have you checked the drive belt?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Check The Drive Belt, If It Is There, Is It Routed Correctly, Or Did It Jump Off A Pulley, Sounds Like The Belt May Have Jumped Off, And Yes The Hardest To See, The Trans Pulley And Running On The Shaft, Good Luck.
    dawgpound56 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 01:47 PM

I would look and see if the lever didn't accidentally move out of position on the back of the mower, that will make it seem its stuck in nuetral

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman riding mowers [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get an owners manual for an older Craftsman mower? It's a Craftsman two,18HP, 44"Deck with 6 speed.

New Craftsman Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

We just purchased a new Craftsman 26HP, 54" cut, riding mower. One of the front wheels does not point straight ahead, it is pointing inward. When we called the help desk, we were told it was engineered this way so that the mower would make tighter turns. Is this true? (The steering wheel is...

Manuals for MTD riding mowers. [ 2 Answers ]

I need a manual for a MTD 46" triple blade mower with automatic transmission. Download or purchase

Lawn Chief Riding Mowers [ 4 Answers ]

Where can I purchase a spark plug for our riding mower? My husband misplaced the spark plug that was in the mower.

Small Riding Mowers Comparison [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1/4 acre lot in Fl and because I'm disabled I need a small riding mower, preferably with a Kohler engine(had a lot of bad luck with B&S) What do you recommend?

View more questions Search