Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OneIdiot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 01:09 AM
    Firewiree 800 Speeds for External Hard drives.
    Hi people...

So I have a 1TB External WESTERN DIGITAL hard drive, world edition.
    Its got 1. USB 2.0
    2. FireWire 400 1394a
    3. FireWire 800 1394b

Currently, I am using USB2.0. My transfer rate is anywhere from 15 - 19MBp/s when moving data from computer to hard drive.

My question is: If I were to use Firewire 800 (1394b), instead of USB 2.0, how fast will I go?

Thanks in advance,

-jack
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Transfer rate is 786.432 Mbit/s, which is substaintly faster than USB2.0. You'll transfer files faster with firewire 800

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two hard drives [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a computer with Windows ME installed on the slave drive,and I just installed Windows XP Home on the Master drive. What I would like to be able to do is use either OS I want. Rght now I can use the XP home OS but not the Windows ME OS. I can open the drive with Windows ME on it by going...

External hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have a problem with my external hard drive. When it loads it will be created as drive (G) and it should be drive (F) all of my other hard drives default to (F) when loaded except one it go to (G). The software I use to access the information on the hard drive creates links like (F)...

External Drives [ 6 Answers ]

I need extra space for my Family Tree Maker software. Am considering adding an external drive to handle all of my pictures and data. Has anyone done this and is it possible.

Recognize external hard drives. [ 8 Answers ]

OilMan6 :confused: 31 October 2005 0630 Hrs. SUBJECT: Both computers will not recognize three new external hard drives. How do I give these three hard drives the values of G:, H:, and I:?

View more questions Search