Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonb_143 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Belly swollen and breasts getting bigger but test negative.
    I have taken 3 pregnancy tests, but my belly continues to swell out, my breasts are getting bigger and I have gained about 5 lbs. What is this and what should I do?

Joni
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 04:10 PM
    You need to go into more detail. Have you missed a period? Are you on any form of birth control? How old are you? etc...

Are you taking the HPTs using first morning urine? That is a very important step.

If the HPTs continue to be negative and you have missed your period it is time to make a doctor's appointment to find out if you are pregnant.

Jul 15, 2007, 04:27 PM
    I am on the depo shot. I haven't had a period since I got on it 4 months ago. I have taken them using first morning urine so I don't know what the deal is. Maybe I'm retaining water. Oh I am 24 years old
    Joni
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Depo can cause loss of periods. This is a very common side effect, as well as weight gain. Chances are you are just experiencing side effects from the Depo.

Jul 15, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Thanks. I will check it out tomorrow and call doc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen Breasts [ 2 Answers ]

I think I might be pregnant, I seem to have most of the signs, but swollen/sore breasts. I have been researching this online A lot and every site I read says that should have been one of my first septums. I really don't and to get myself excited to think I am until I know and I am going to go get...

Negative test [ 4 Answers ]

I went to my gyno yesterday round 530pm and she took an urine test and said it came out negative. But I was wondering if I had my period about 3 or 4 days before this visit and had unprotected sex the day after my period ended would it still show up in my test. I know the test came out...

Negative test but late... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My husband and have been trying to conceive since may/june 2006, before that I had a miscarriage in April.. My last period was aug 7th and I am a very regular 29 days. Now I am 2- 3 days late . I took a hpt yesterday evening and the results were negative.. In the past month I...

Negative test [ 2 Answers ]

My period was due to start January 7th. My last one was December 10th. I have my period every 28 days. I was also due to start February 4th but didn't. I have taken six home tests that came back negative. I feel pregnant and I have all the symptoms of pregnancy. Anyone had this problem? Do you...

Help No Period But negative Test< What The? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a little concerned (although I probably don’t need to be) and I am keen to hear some opinions from others. My last period started on the 14th November, it is now 45 days later and still no period. My periods normally come about every 30 to 35days(not too sure exactly as I haven’t...

View more questions Search