Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peter1691 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Radiators work Fine but no hot water gravity fed system
    Hi there
    I have an oil fired boiler and it has one pumped feed for the radiators and a gravity fed system for the hot water. I drained the system down and refilled it radiators work fine but no hot water. I have tried releasing the pipes on the Hot tank heat exchanger to release any trapped air but to no avail I am assuming I have some form of airlock but how do I get rid of it there are no bleed valves near the hot water tank.?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 10:59 AM
    You might have to lift the safety valve lever to get the air out of the tank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Radiators hot but hot water from taps luke warm [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, First of all I am novice.. a real novice when it comes to plumbing, so please be easy on me :) I hope someone can shed some light on this weird problem. I have a conventional boiler with a hot water tank in the bathroom and 2 tanks in the loft. The radiators in the house are fine, they...

Replacing Hot Water Radiators with Hot Water Baseboards [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hot water heating system with radiators, and I want to replace the radiators in the upstairs bathroom and bedrooms (2) with hot water baseboards. Can radiators and baseboards be mixed and if so, how do I determine the size of the baseboards?

Connecting a gravity fed shower [ 1 Answers ]

I am fitting a thermostaic mixer to a vented system using conventional hot water cylinder. The usual arrangement has the pipe coming from the top of the cylinder running horizontally and then Teeing into a vertical pipe which feeds hot water taps etc below and vents into the tank above. Normall I...

Filling the radiators + high pressure in hot water system... => ? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, new house to my wife and I... we've had it less than a month and two days ago it was time to turn the heat on. This is an old hot water system, no pump (works by gravity) in a three story house. The radiator in the master bathroom wasn't full, so I tried to bleed it. Just a little air...

View more questions Search