Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moyohonda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 07:58 PM
    High and low side ports AC system 1992 Honda
    1992 Honda Accord EX. Where are the high and low side ports located for AC system. Going to retrofit the AC port valves. Can find what I think is the low side port but cannot see the high side port.

Thanks very much

moyohonda

In response to answer by TXgreasemonkey, I cannot find R12 refrigerant. Is R12 still available?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 08:06 PM
    If you are converting from R12 to R134, you are asking for trouble. Most conversion kits on the market, regardless of what they say, will leave you very disappointed and possibly cause irreparable harm to your air conditioning system. Talk to Honda first, if this is what you had in mind.

High and low pressure ports are normally located side-by-side, on many Hondas.
    moyohonda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey
    If you are converting from R12 to R134, you are asking for trouble. Most conversion kits on the market, regardless of what they say, will leave you very disappointed and possibly cause irreparable harm to your air conditioning system. Talk to Honda first, if this is what you had in mind.

High and low pressure ports are normally located side-by-side, on many Hondas.
    Can't find R12 refrigerant, is it still sold? Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Yes. Takes a little bit of shopping.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Go on EBAY and you will find some one selling it.(r-12)
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Proceed carefully. A/C system pressure can be quite high while the system is running.

Are you doing a retro fit after a repair or component failure? Most systems fail for a reason. Simply recharging may reveal these failures since the R-134a molecules are smaller than R-12 molecules.

Also, the oil that works with the different refrigerants aren't compatible. Cross-contamination can sometimes cause corrosion/clogging internally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord Idling, Revs high & low [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My 1992 honda accord is idling, reving high and low, it just goes up and down. Could anyone help me find out why it is doing this. It doesn't do it all the time, but it is doing it more and more. It does this when ever I am sitting still... like at a red light or when I start it up. It runs...

Low Pressure on the Hot Water Side [ 3 Answers ]

A few days ago we noticed a significant drop in the water pressure on the hot waterside. It seems to be all over the house. We called a plumber to take a look. He said there is no leak and the only thing he can figure is one of the balls inside the hot water heater we installed less than 2 years...

Heat Pump High Pres on LP Side [ 2 Answers ]

I have some a/c exp, recent purchased older home that has 4 HP's. One OK, one has stuck compressor,5ton, but what's stuping me is the other 2Ton Carrier units? Both I vacumn to 25+ in", started charge, they go to over 200psi in suction side, rev valve OK, can someone explain? Problem, Thanks ...

Maytag side-by-side refrigerator low cabin cold upper cabin warm [ 1 Answers ]

I have a maytag side-by-side refrigerator. I noticed that in the refrigerator section the low part ( where there is an air duct opening to the freezer). However, the upper part is warm. I have tried changing the temperature control it doesn't seem to be helping. Apparently the freezer is...

View more questions Search