Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rwalters0923 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Breast Pain
    Hi. I have had breast pain in my left breast for 11 months now. It is not premenstrual. It doesn't go away. I can barely wash in the shower. I have had a mammogram and ultrasound and they both came back negative for anything. My doctor can't give me any answers either. Does anyone have any advice? He put me on Vit. E saying it would take away the tenderness. It is not working and it is pain, not tenderness. Thank you
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Check out this site, it may help you find some answers!
    Imaginis - Breast Pain
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Jul 11, 2007, 02:32 PM
    I had exactly the same problem! I could not bear anyone to even hug me my breast was so sore and thank god the mammogram came back negative for me too. I was prescribed high dosage of evening primrose oil capsules for 3 months which took the pain away after about 2 weeks as it dispersed the lumpy tissue in my breast. I am supposed to take this every day but have not kept it up because the pain never returned. I hope you find a solution to your problem, evening primrose may work for your too, I hope it does and I'm glad your scans were negative. Best wishes.

Jul 12, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Mayfairlady, did you ever find out what was causing the pain?

Jul 12, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    Check out this site, it may help you find some answers!
    Imaginis - Breast Pain
    Thank you, I printed this off and am going to give it to my doctor.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 06:25 AM
    I had the same problems mine was caffiene? Cutting out the caffiene was not a cure all but it improved 90 percent.I also have cystic breast. 2 weeks leading up to my period it was unbearable. I started having mamograms at around age 18. The older I have gotten the less it hurts. From 17 years until, I had my first child was just horrific.
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Jul 12, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rwalters0923
    mayfairlady, did you ever find out what was causing the pain?
    I had excess breast tissue, tissue that makes milk when pregnant, it became lumpy and painful. I have never had children, don't know if that is relevant. The primrose oil capsules dispersed the tissue. I hope this helps. I was fear ful of breast cancer but was informed that pain usually indicates something other than that. Try not to worry! Take care
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Not to worry you all, but some breast cancer IS painful. Don't let the doctor's tell you otherwise. I speak from experience. I had a painful lump and just KNEW it was cancer. I went to numerous doctors, all of who said... you're too young (I was 32), you have no family history... breast cancer isn't painful... it's just fibroids.

I was not satisfied with those answers. After becoming proactive in my own health, 7 doctors later, I found a doctor who actually listened to my concerns. Did a fine needle biopsy... the results were "suspicious tissue" I was then sent for a biopsy that revealed that I did indeed have Stage 2 carcinoma in situ. On July 17 I had a bilateral radicam mastectomy and subsequent reconstructive surgeries. That was 10 years ago.

As I said, I am not here to frighten you, just to show you that your health is in YOUR hands. Find a doctor who will explain things to you in a way that you will understand and that you are comfortable with. If you are still unsure, get a second opinion, heck a third if you have to, I went so far as to have seven.

I would, in all likelihood, get a second opinion if I were you.

**EDIT** I am NOT in any way shape or form suggesting that you may have breast cancer, that is not my intention here. My intention is to show you how powerful you can be regarding your health. I am attempting to show you that not all doctors know everything and that sometimes it is imperative that we seek out advice from other medical professionals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain under armpit, on side of breast [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Wednesday night, I started having this pain, it is like someone is touching an open nerve ending, it lasts about 1-2 seconds, and then comes about every 5 seconds. Now it will disappear if I take some advil, but will come back . I had this once a while ago in my arm. Just wondering if...

Breast pain... please help [ 1 Answers ]

Hiii... I got Breast pain since 5 days before my periods and 7 days after conception 2 days before my periods date, I am getting a brownish discharge... what could be the reason? Could I be pregnant? But in doctor's office 3 days ago it showed a negative result... doctor said it is too early...

Breast Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on Depo-Ralovera for 7 years, 2 months ago the doctor took me off the injections because my bone density test came back abnormal, which was a little concerning but now that I have come off the injections my breasts are really sore and feel almost swollen, they feel as though they are...

Breast on Fire and Pain in Chest [ 1 Answers ]

I am 36 years old and I have a couple questions is it normal for one breast to feel like it is on fire?Sometimes hurts so bad I cry.And also lately been having Pain on left side of chest kind feels like I swallowed a marble that gets stuck in my chest.Can anyone help me to understand what's...

View more questions Search