Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SamDR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 10:53 AM
    PC freezes at startup in safe mode
    Hello,
    I'm here trying to help a friend who's laptop freezes at startup..
    The story is this:
    His PC was functioning well but he had a high ping so he wanted to check his laptop for spam, spyware and viruses. So he started his PC up in safe mode in orther to check all the files. But before he could do the scans his computer froze, even before the logon screen. It froze when the 'are you sure you want to go through with this' screen pops up and you have to click either yes or no.. But he can't click yes or no because the mouse doesn't function any more and he can't type.
    He can't get back into the regular mode because he clicked ask to startup in safe mode every time the PC starts up.. He already tried pressing F8 really quick but it didn't work.
    Is there any way to fix this problem or to get out of the safe mode or to use msconfig in safe mode before starting up. It's a windows XP computer..
    Please please please help me,
    Sam
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 04:49 AM
    Why don't you try to boot with a live CD called BartPE here is the link to their website >>, after your boot from CD you can perform a scan that can hopefully clean all viruses on your hard disk!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WIN XP freezes at Safe Mode (on logon screen) [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Windows XP Pro Safe Mode problem. I have a Dell Dimension 8400 Desktop (nearly three months old). First let me say I religiously keep my antivirus up to date. I have Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware SE, Spy Sweeper, PestPatrol, Microsoft AntiSpyware and I use HijackThis. I...

WinXP Pro Startup in Safe Mode [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to access and use the SAFE Mode start up. Accessing the safe mode causes the following: (1) a display of the "installed equip," (2) Followed by the BSOD, (3) followed by blank screen and lockup. Upon occasion it will go through this twice. The computer was brought to me after an attempt...

Update: Safe Mode freezes at logon screen post [ 1 Answers ]

Hello once more, I have an update on my Safe Mode freezing problem (the original post is below). I was able finale able to boot into Safe Mode. Even though successful how it did it it still raises a question. I will explain below. If you read my original post at the top of this thread you...

Win 98 freezes during startup [ 6 Answers ]

My 3-year-old HP Pavilion 6635 is running Win 98. In the middle of the startup process, it freezes. When I look at the task manager, only three programs are listed instead of the usual 8 or 10. Trying to start in Safe mode gets the same results. I tried walking through the bootup process,...

View more questions Search