Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shaunta's Avatar
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8
    Full Member
     
    #21

    Jul 10, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I would tell my child to go for whatever they thought they could handle. No, age does not matter. And like I said, he wasnt out of school. And by the way, I never had a bedtime, or a curfew. I could handle myself and take care of myself and my mother could see that, therefore she didnt need to set these boundaries for me.



    Well that fine i didn't say you weren't mature... your right i don't know you... i know plenty of 14 year olds and they are far from mature... and you right he did state that he wasn't going to have sex with her which is fine.. i simply said i disagree we are entitled to our own opinion... after i posted that answer i was going to leave it at the because he did ask for our opinion.. so i gave him mine but when you posted the whole 14 and 18 year old thing that threw me off.. ok good you didn't have a bedtime or a curfew you were one of the few 14 year olds that didn't... but that's his choice he can do what he wants to do... i just disagree...
    nauticalstar420's Avatar
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member
     
    #22

    Jul 10, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunta
    WELL THAT FINE I DIDNT SAY YOU WERENT MATURE... YOUR RIGHT I DONT KNOW YOU... I KNOW PLENTY OF 14 YEAR OLDS AND THEY ARE FAR FROM MATURE... AND YOU RIGHT HE DID STATE THAT HE WASNT GOING TO HAVE SEX WITH HER WHICH IS FINE.. I SIMPLY SAID I DISAGREE WE ARE ENTITLED TO OUR OWN OPINION... AFTER I POSTED THAT ANSWER I WAS GOING TO LEAVE IT AT THE CUZ HE DID ASK FOR OUR OPINION.. SO I GAVE HIM MINE BUT WHEN YOU POSTED THE WHOLE 14 AND 18 YEAR OLD THING THAT THREW ME OFF.. OK GOOD YOU DIDNT HAVE A BEDTIME OR A CURFEW YOU WERE ONE OF THE FEW 14 YEAR OLDS THAT DIDNT... BUT THATS HIS CHOICE HE CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS TO DO.... I JUST DISAGREE.....

    That's fine, you can disagree. I disagree with you. Its called being entitled to your own opinion.
    Shaunta's Avatar
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8
    Full Member
     
    #23

    Jul 10, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by huno
    Hahahaha... :D

    Well, I would admit that 90% of girls under 16 are immature. But kids these days are growing up a lot faster.

    Plus, there are a lot of societies that consider kids as young as 15 to be full-blown adults. In Mexico, girls are considered women at 16 and, since a lot of them are put in positions where they have to take on several of their mothers' responsibilities, really do mature a lot faster than American women. At least, that's been my experience...


    WELL WE Aren't IN MEXICO ARE WE?? MATURE AT 14... Don't GET ME WRONG MAYBE 5% ARE MATURE AT 14 BUT THE OTHER 95% Aren't...
    nauticalstar420's Avatar
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member
     
    #24

    Jul 10, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Lets just all agree to disagree and move on...
    Shaunta's Avatar
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8
    Full Member
     
    #25

    Jul 10, 2007, 10:39 PM
    First off, you don't need to be coming at me like that. Second of all, maturity has a lot to do with it. He was as mature as his age, 18, and I was also as mature as an 18 year old, even when I was 14. And by the way, he was a senior, I was a freshman, not in eighth grade thank you. I was a year ahead of everyone my age. You may think that me being with an 18 year old when I was 14 is disgusting, but think about the fact that your boyfriend or whatever is 9 years older. When he was 18, you were 9, that is disgusting too, even though you weren't dating at the time. If you care about age THAT much, you are ignorant.



    WE Weren't DATING WHEN I WASD 9 AND HE WAS 18... IM AM AND WAS LEGAL WHEN WE STARTED DATING... What's IGNORANT (THATS NOT EVEN IGNORANT ITS DISGUSTING) IS A 18 YEAR OLD TRYING TO DATE A 14 YEAR OLD...


    BUT AGAIN WE ARE ENTITLED TO OUR OWN OPINION./... I PUT MINE OUT THERE IF YOU Don't LIKE IT That's FINE...
    huno's Avatar
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75
    Full Member
     
    #26

    Jul 10, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunta
    WELL WE ARENT IN MEXICO ARE WE??? MATURE AT 14... DONT GET ME WRONG MAYBE 5% ARE MATURE AT 14 BUT THE OTHER 95% ARENT...
    I am, in spirit... :D

    Well I'm not about to start dating 16 year olds so I don't care... but I do contend that age is just a number. A person's true maturity is what counts, and there are tons of girls who are 18 that act like they're 12 so their age doesn't mean sh!t.

    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Lets just all agree to disagree and move on....
    I disagree with that.
    nauticalstar420's Avatar
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member
     
    #27

    Jul 10, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by huno
    I disagree with that.
    Haha, okay smarty pants. :)
    Shaunta's Avatar
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8
    Full Member
     
    #28

    Jul 10, 2007, 10:50 PM
    I am, in spirit...

    Well I'm not about to start dating 16 year olds so I don't care... but I do contend that age is just a number. A person's true maturity is what counts, and there are tons of girls who are 18 that act like they're 12 so their age doesn't mean sh!t.

    YOUR RIGHT... THERE ARE 18 YEAR OLDS THAT ACT 12 BUT... THEY ARE 18 NOT 12... WHETHER THEY HAVE SEX OR NOT... WHICH CLEARLY HE STATED HE Wasn't GOING TO... ITS NOT RIGHT...
    Shaunta's Avatar
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8
    Full Member
     
    #29

    Jul 10, 2007, 10:58 PM
    Sarah1989

    Life Experience, Shared Values And Common Beliefs Are The Cornerstones Of A Good Solid Relationship And In Cases Of High School Aged Kids Dating Independent Adults These Essential Ingredients Are All Too Often Missing..
    prayerlord's Avatar
    prayerlord Posts: 31, Reputation: 0
    Junior Member
     
    #30

    Jul 10, 2007, 11:18 PM
    YO... first of all.. ur not too old. My sis got married at the age of 16 and her first kid at 17. Not even legal yet... and her husdand was like in his 20's. If she's ready for love... wait till your ready and till she's legal... okay?
    ncgirl_21's Avatar
    ncgirl_21 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6
    Junior Member
     
    #31

    Jul 10, 2007, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunta
    Exactly.

    Conversely, there are plenty of girls who are well into their 20s and have no goddamn clue how to be in a real relationship.

    Age really is just a number; the person's maturity is what really matters.

    That said, you should know (and probably already know) that you are going to get A LOT of flak from virtually everyone you know if you start a relationship with this girl (I'm assuming you're in the U.S.; other cultures aren't nearly this judgmental in this regard and even consider 16-year-old girls full adults). Her parents are going to be especially against this, even if you can prove, incontrovertibly, that you are not just looking for sex... which I really don't know how you can do.

    Whatever you decide (and do so carefully), good luck!


    WHEN YOUR 14 YOU SHOULDNT EVEN BE TTHINKING ABOUT BOYS... MATURE OR NOT... HOW AREYOU MATURE AT 14??? YOUR NOT... BUT THEN THE GUY AT 18 ISNT MATURE EITHER... SO WHEN YOU SAY MATURE MAYBE YOU MEAN YOU WERE MORE MATURE THEN HIM... AND WHY STRESS YOURSELF AT 14 ABOUT A "REAL RELATIONSHIP" YOUR JUST LEARNING HOW TO SPELL RELATIONSHIP.... WOW.... I DONTKNOW... I JUST DISAGREE...

    At 14 most girls are experinceing hormone changes and they are thinking about boys maybe not in a serious way but they do have bfs. Most girls aren't playing baby dolls and barbies at this age they are starting to experinceing growing up and part of growing up is going through the boy crazy ages that teenage girls go through. Age is just a number she's almost 17 he stated so she could be a senior in high school because I turned 17 the first day as a senior in high school.
    modular01's Avatar
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36
    Junior Member
     
    #32

    Jul 11, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunta
    ACTUALLY I COULD SAY SOMETHING... WHEN I MET MY BOYFRIEND I WAS 18... WHICH MEANS I WAS OUTTA SCHOOL... I DID NOT HAVE A BEDTIME... SO YOU can't COMARE ME TO THEM.... WE ARE TOTALLY LEGAL.. IF WE HAVE SEX HE WOULDNT GO TO JAIL FOR RAPE....
    The key word is "if".
    Not to try and turn this into an all out internet brawl, but we aren't here to judge people. We should be here to answer the guys question. There are far worse situations on here to debate about, and I think that the originator of this question has been up front and honest.

    Lets not put the guy on a rotisserie and grill him.
    Shaunta's Avatar
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8
    Full Member
     
    #33

    Jul 11, 2007, 09:15 AM
    The key word is "if".
    Not to try and turn this into an all out internet brawl, but we aren't here to judge people. We should be here to answer the guys question. There are far worse situations on here to debate about, and I think that the originator of this question has been up front and honest.

    Lets not put the guy on a rotisserie and grill him.


    I KNOW THAT THE GIRL IS 16 ALMOST 17... I SAID WHAT I HAD TO SAY ABOUT THAT... IM NOT KNOCKING HIMFOR THAT... BUT WHEN NAUTICALSTAR420 SAID SHE DATED A 18 YEAR OLD WHEN SHE WAS 14 GOT ME IN A UP ROAR... I Don't MIND HIM...
    lamboleum's Avatar
    lamboleum Posts: 6, Reputation: 0
    New Member
     
    #34

    Jul 13, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Well I'm 19 and my girl is 15. We are in true love now. She is very mature for her age and even looks older than she is. She knows what she wants in life and I respect her decisions. Regardless of this shaunta girl's ridiculous comments I think if you are looking for love and not lust, go for it 100%. Of course I had problems with her dad (since her mom was a friend of my mom), but he knows my intentions are only to be with her and not 'in her' if you know what I mean. Love will overcome any obstacle it meets so use it to keep you two together. AGE DOES NOT MATTER!! Let no one tell you otherwise. 6 years is kind of pushing it but God will keep you two together if you let him help out too. I say GO FOR IT DUDE.
    nauticalstar420's Avatar
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member
     
    #35

    Jul 13, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboleum
    Well I'm 19 and my girl is 15. We are in true love now. She is very mature for her age and even looks older than she is. She knows what she wants in life and i respect her decisions. Regardless of this shaunta girl's rediculous comments i think if you are looking for love and not lust, go for it 100%. Of course i had problems with her dad (since her mom was a friend of my mom), but he knows my intentions are only to be with her and not 'in her' if you know what i mean. Love will overcome any obstacle it meets so use it to keep you two together. AGE DOES NOT MATTER!!!!! Let no one tell you otherwise. 6 years is kinda pushing it but God will keep you two together if you let him help out too. I say GO FOR IT DUDE.
    THANK YOU! I knew I wasn't the only person that felt this way! :)
    Haxzor50's Avatar
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -
     
    #36

    Jul 14, 2007, 12:37 AM
    As long as your not looking for sex man, I'm happy you found one!

    Keep her, it might be worth it, good job waiting till your married too! Wish I could've done that, more power to you my man!

    And I don't care what these people say, always go for love dude, no matter what anyone tells you, or fills you head with because if you don't go after that one, only ONE! special someone then you will have a very bad life my man... so don't go believing all this crap about how you shouldn't At least give it a try man, do it!
    aiysie's Avatar
    aiysie Posts: 3, Reputation: 2
    New Member
     
    #37

    Jul 14, 2007, 01:29 AM
    Hi,
    I think that, that is really nice of you I had someone once do something along those lines for me once and he became so close in my heart but for some reason I couldn't let go of my ex, it still makes me sad cause I really liked that guy because he was so kind hearted but I just couldn't let go, anyway my boyfriends is 28 and I'm 19 we've been together for over a year and a half and I don't think that your age difference is that big of a deal, the only thing about it is that she is just turning 17 and when I met my boyfriend I was going to be 18 so it just depends on how you feel about the deference law wise... that's what everyone always joked/talked about with me and my boyfriend when we first got together but its very different now... everyone is fine cause I've been around so long and occasionally we'll joke about it. I think that if you like her and you think she's right for you then you go for it but having a boyfriend that's all crazy at only 16, its seem maybe like their would be a little bit of baggage with the relationship. I would just be careful because my boyfriend now is not the nicest guy I couldn't let it go because I loved him so much and had been with him, even though not that long we'd been through a lot. Even though I really liked the other guy... all I am saying is just be careful you don't get hurt, because with me he did, it was liked I played with his motions unintensionally.
    Aiysie
    nauticalstar420's Avatar
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member
     
    #38

    Jul 14, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxzor50
    as long as your not looking for sex man, im happy you found one!

    keep her, it might be worth it, good job waiting till your married too! Wish i could've done that, more power to ya my man!!

    And i dont care what these people say, always go for love dude, no matter what anyone tells you, or fills you head with because if you dont go after that one, only ONE!, special someone then you will have a very bad life my man... soo dont go believing all this crap about how you shouldn't ATLEAST give it a try man, do it!
    I don't get what everyone's freakin problem is anyway. I totally agree, if you think its love, don't pass it up!

    He said he wasn't going to be in it for sex, therefore, to get right to the point, its not illegal. Like I said earlier, you might have problems with parents, but you won't go to jail. Other people may say it's a bad idea, but not everyone has that opinion. Just remember no matter what, some people will agree, some will disagree, and its just something you'll have to live with. :)
    L-001-06-H's Avatar
    L-001-06-H Posts: 45, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member
     
    #39

    Jul 15, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Hey, it's 4 years, and I think if she likes you, and you aren't in ANY way interested in sex, and she's one of those girlst that are really mature for her age, then go for it... as long as it's because the two of you care for each other... I don't know, it's different for people that are older (even with the same difference) than younger... honestly... the hard part is determining when you get to the point where both people are to the point where 4 years ins't a big difference... different for a 15 year old and an 11 year old (wich I think would be REDICULOUS), and a 24 and 20 year old...
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,298, Reputation: 10854
    Expert
     
    #40

    Jul 15, 2007, 10:19 AM
    If your intentions are so good and noble, then you should recognise the problems you could cause her with her family. Part of being mature and responsible is weighing what you want, with what's best for all involved. You may independent, but she is not, and living with parents who are responsible for her. So the question is will this plutonic relationship be a secret, or will everything be done with the blessing of mom and dad? FYI: No way a 22 year old man comes sniffing around my 17 year old daughter. Just an opinion of a Father. Your intentions are irelevant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search


Check out some similar questions!

Age Difference [ 35 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and I have been speaking to this girl who I recently found out was 16. We like each other, do you think its wrong getting into a relationship with her? Is the age gap too big?

Age difference [ 15 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old girl and I will be a senior in High School. I am dating a 20 year old college student. Do you think that he is too old for me to date? I just need some opinions.

Age difference [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 16 until July then I turn 17, but my girlfreind is 14 and in December she turns 15... does that sound wrong, we aren't having sex or anything!

Age difference [ 14 Answers ]

Is it possible for a relationship between a 21 yr old female and 27 man work out with such a age gap.? Is 21 to imature for a serious relationship?

Age Difference [ 7 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and my partner is 28 years older than me.We have been dating almost 2 years.I am really in love with him. But he is a control freak. I can't spend my time with my friends.He doesn't let me visit my parents because they live in another city.Nobody can come to my house because...


View more questions Search