Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    outlaw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2005, 07:37 AM
    Movie title
    Movie title

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend asked me about this.. but I haven't a clue:

He says it wasn't one a the journey to the center of the earth movies...

What I remember in the movie is:

Showed on TV in the 90's

There was a team of two or three poeple who get in to a vechile that went in side a volcano to jounrey to the center of the earth. One of the members of the team was the father of the person who when looking for them went they didn't come back. The son rememberd that his father was wearing a gold ring.

While the son and his team were in the center of the earth they found caves and down below was lava

I remember towards the end of the movie the son finds his fathers ring but not his father. and is was like a futuristic movie

Thanks in advance for any info

Appreciate it
    erichss Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2005, 10:27 PM
    Only thing that comes to mind is "Journey to the Center of the Earth" that was shown on USA with Treat Williams.
    outlaw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2005, 07:51 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for replying... I'll pass the info along

Much appreciated
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 31, 2013, 02:48 PM
    Journey to the Center of the Earth (1993 TV movie)
    Starring David Dundara, F. Murray Abraham, John Neville, Carel Struycken, Farrah Forke, Kim Miyori
    IMDb review (edited):
    The modern plot relates how university professor Harlech (Abraham) dreams of discovering enormous caverns beneath the surface by traveling into the shaft of an active volcano. However, after entering the nuclear-powered craft he has invented for such travel, it apparently explodes upon the first attempt to descend. His nephew carries on with the idea, forging an uncomfortable alliance with a wealthy industrialist to build a new, improved craft, which succeeds in arriving underground and conveying its passengers through mysterious domains. This builds on Edgar Rice Burroughs' "mole" concept to solve the most problematic notion of the Verne story for modern audiences~how explorers could walk to the Earth's center~by offering an outer space-style craft to expedite their journey while still pausing outside the ship for the encounters with early humans and primitive animals that Verne included.. .
    Pollution threatens to render the surface uninhabitable, and the subterranean world offers the possibility of a new home for humankind. Horrific crawling manta-ray style monsters and a missing-link race of early man called troglodytes provide further danger. Also, there is a HAL-style onboard computer that not only has a personality but also a holographic face of its own. An evil Darth Vader-type creature, kept alive through artificial means, tries to thwart the explorers. A brief shot as he falls into the lava shows him wearing the same ring as the nephew gave Harlech before his apparent death, perhaps indicating Harlech was transformed. Both this creature and the expedition's scientist are trying to complete a lost computer chip puzzle that forms a book of knowledge from the time of Atlantis. A lovable Tibetan abominable snowman joins the group, which also includes stereotypical representatives

Journey to the Center of the Earth (TV Movie 1993) - IMDb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

UK movie title help please! [ 2 Answers ]

I need help w/ a movie title. I remember seeing a movie on HBO about 5 or less years ago. It was placed in Ireland, England, or Scotland. It centered around these relationships in a small village. These women played football (soccar in the U.S.) and afterward went to this pub for drinks. One...

Movie Title Help? 80's Movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All. I need help with the title of a movie I remember from when I was younger. I think the movie was made in the 80's, but possibly early 90's. The main character was a man who came back to earth to help the son of a woman who he loved. She is now married and has a son in High School. I...

Need a Movie Title [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, To whom it may concern, My name is Leo, and I need a name of a Movie. This movie is about a father (during the Holocaust) who kept his son from seeing all the bad things that was going on during this terrible moment. And at the end his son believe that it was all a game. What's the name...

Help! Looking for a TV movie title [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to remember the name of a movie that starred Ralph Meeker and an actress named Carol.. The story line involved Ralph Meeker's character kidnapping Carol.. and keeping her in a basement apartment in, I presume, New York City. Eventually, she falls in love with him, etc. Does...

View more questions Search