Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ap060589 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 12:45 AM
    Is it to soon
    If you love the person and know for a fact you want to be with them for the rest of your life is it ever too soon to get married
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 01:48 AM
    If you are both of the age that you can be legally be married, and you both truly love each other in a way that is more and other than only in the physical sense, and you are both secure in what each of you wants out of life for each of you individually, and one or both of you has the means to support both of you monetarily rather then needing the support of others financially, and both of you have the support emotionally and spiritually from family and friends, and both of you agree about how things should be done with managing a home whether it be in an apartment or a house, then I don't think that it would be too soon to get married, if all of the support systems,corporally and as a couple, are in place and you have both vowed to be with and take care of each other in all ways for the rest of your lives together.

As you can see, there are a lot of things that need to be considered. Communicate and discuss the above things with each other. Make a decision based upon mutual trust and assurance that all factors are in place for the two of you to launch a successful marriage together.

I am hopeful that others will add their thoughts as an answer to your question. No one is perfect. I may have forgotten some things. I also may have said some things that maybe I should have left out of the equation.
    zozobean Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 07:24 AM
    From my own personal experiences I think that people should wait at least three years if not more before getting married. Even if you feel you are deeply in love with someone, things always change. Life is always changing. Getting married could be one of the best things to ever happen to you or it could be one of the biggest mistakes of your life. Just be sure that you are 100% sure that this is truly who you want to spend the rest of your life with. Good luck.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 10, 2007, 07:26 AM
    I knew by 3 months after we started dating that I was going to marry my husband.

I was also 21 at the time.

We waited 5 years to get married, and I'm glad we did! There were a lot of changes in those 5 years, and we learned how to change with each other, and support each other without the extra stresses that marriage can bring.

If you're both of legal age, then there isn't anything that can really STOP you from getting married (short of being related, I guess). But should you wait to make sure? Absolutely.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 12:37 PM
    I agree with the above answers!

I know that there were a few elements that I left out of my answer above. I should have known better, having "been there, done that" myself, as far as getting married after dating for only about four months. It was not a long enough time to really get to know each other. Our marriage lasted about 2 & 1/2 years before getting divorced. We had two children because of our relationship. They are grown now and wonderful persons! But, I wouldn't wish the agony of going through a divorce and the state subsequently stepping in to manage the affairs of you as concerning your children on anyone!

It's best to make sure and be sure that this is the right person for you to spend the rest of your life with!

Another thing that I would recommend before people get married these days, is to get professional counseling at least for a number of months, even if things seem to be going just fine in the relationship. This could be done with a pastor, priest or someone in the community who is available for that service. I recommend counseling as a safeguard to be sure that you two will truly be good for each other as far as making the huge step of commitment, tasks and responsibilities that two people embark upon when they become married. There are some church denominations that require that a couple, before they get married in their church building, will be planning the wedding at least six or more months in advance. This helps to avoid the pitfalls of the quick marriages with little planning - both for the actual ceremony and events surrounding that and also to help to make sure that the couple are going to be better prepared to be married to each other for the rest of their lives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search