Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karill13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Finding abandoned home's owner to get purchasing authorization
    My husband and I are attempting to purchase a home that has not yet been foreclosed on. The owner has moved out and has failed to make payments for almost a year. We have gotten clearance from the mortgage company's lawyer to find the owner for purchasing authorization and we would be able to make an offer. The only problem is we cannot locate the owner. Every lead we have has ended up in a dead end. We have spoken with old neighbors, the sherriff's office, and even purchased peoplesearch reports. Any suggestions? We would really like to buy this house. Thankx
    jemdas25 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by karill13
    My husband and I are attempting to purchase a home that has not yet been foreclosed on. The owner has moved out and has failed to make payments for almost a year. We have gotten clearance from the mortgage company's lawyer to find the owner for purchasing authorization and we would be able to make an offer. The only problem is we cannot locate the owner. Every lead we have has ended up in a dead end. We have spoken with old neighbors, the sherriff's office, and even purchased peoplesearch reports. Any suggestions? We would really like to buy this house. Thankx
    With a year of non-payment, it should foreclose VERY soon... and be owned by the bank. I say, wait it out until then. And if the bank owns it, they will be much more willing to negotiate with you. You are in a stronger position if they own the property (an REO). Hope this helps!

Marlon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding new husband to my home's deed [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to add my new husband to my home's deed. I live in Florida and do not have a mortgage. Do I need to prepare a quitclaim? Thank you.

Abandoned Property in NY [ 7 Answers ]

I have an interest in two abandoned properties. Both properties has been abandoned for 3 years and both has delinquent taxes on them. Both properties are still owned by the owners. But one of the properties has an owner that cannot be located. The current address for that property is the...

Credit Card Authorization without my permission [ 3 Answers ]

I had services done on my vehicle which were not under warranty. I did not pay them at the time for these services. Months earlier I had received a service loaner from them and provided my credit card for the loaner. The company has now charged my credit card for the parts that were not under...

Abandoned Homes [ 3 Answers ]

I have been watching a home in Gardena, California. It has been abandoned for about 10 years. I called the tax assessor's office and they gave me the name of the owner. So I have that which is a good start. I called the city of Gardena to see if they owned the property and they said no. They...

View more questions Search