Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boydbjb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Eviction of disabled person
    In New Mexico can you give 30 day written notice to vacate to disabled person just like anyone else? Is there any special provisions etc.

Thanks
    Bob
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Hello Bob:

My first instinct is to say no. Handicapped people have to stick to their agreements like the rest of us. If somebody else can get a 30 day notice, so can he.

You can check NM landlord tenant law. We have a copy at the top of this forum on a sticky note. Being somewhat familiar with state landlord tenant laws, I doubt you'll find anything there.

If there is any protection for the disabled, you'll find it in the Americans With Disabilities Act. I'll bet you can Google it.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Welcome screen disabled [ 1 Answers ]

I am unable to switch users. I am using windows XP professional OS. The user switch option Is disabled in the start menu. I am getting the following message "Client service for net work has disabled the welcome screen. To restore these facilities you must uninstall client services for...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Recently Disabled [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to turn 43 and recently became disabled.I am now collecting workers comp and social security.I am no longer able to contribute to my 401k because I am no longer employed but would like to keep investing.Can I roll my 401k into an IRA or do I have to be employed to contribute to an IRA ?...

View more questions Search