Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mybudda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Window air conditioner
    What could be wrong with air conditiioner that won't blow air the power comes on and you can hear it running?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Well, every air conditioner has at least two motors, the compressor and the fan motor. So it is probably likely that your compressor is working but the fan motor is malfunctioning. Try removing the cover of the unit and if you notice that one of the fan blades the very hard to rotate then that means the fan motor should be replaced. If the fan blades turns easily for you then it will probably needed some electrical work. In your case, it would be best to have a qualified technician help you out! Good luck and keep cool!
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Most window units only have one motor with a double shaft.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Venting a window air conditioner unit through a fireplace [ 12 Answers ]

I live in a two story town home (plus a basement) with no central air conditioning. I don't own it, so I'm limited as to what I can do. On the 2nd floor I have two window air conditioner units that keep the 2nd floor cool. There are no windows on the first floor only the front door and the...

Window air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

How do I connect the 3 wires to a circuit breaker for 220V from a window air conditioner.

Window Air Conditioner fan runs when you turn it off. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Hampton Bay AC (110 v) window AC unit with a fan that continues to run after you turn the power switch to off. It runs for 4-5 minutes after you switch it "off", then the fan turns off. It has never done this before, so I know it isn't proper operation. The lights on the LED display...

Window Air Conditioner & Circuit Tripping [ 7 Answers ]

We installed a window air conditioner two days ago. Unit operated fine with no problems up until yesterday when it began tripping the circuit breaker. The unit is 120V and is the only thing plugged into the circuit (We have unplugged every other single item). The tripping of the circuit happens...

View more questions Search