Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    dota1209's Avatar
    dota1209 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 9, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Family Law
    My deceased brother's wife has remarried. Should she still be introduced as "my sister-inlaw?
    Thanks you.
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Jul 9, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Hello Dot:

    The law has nothing to do with it. Family culture and your relationship with her should dictate how you introduce each other. If you're fine with it, do it.

    Personally, addressing someone who was once your sister-in-law as anything other than that would be kind of like a divorce. That's not cool. I need MORE family, not LESS.

    While I'm on the subject, I also don't like introducing someone as your "step" something or other. Nobody cares that you're not the biological relative and to me, it cheapens the relationship. But, I digress...

    alkaline's Avatar
    alkaline Posts: 61, Reputation: 20
    Junior Member

    Jul 9, 2007, 07:54 AM
    I agree with excon. This is a personal choice for you to make here.

    I also agree with him about continuing to call her your sister in law. Personally, I would. It isn't as though they got divorced. She's still a part of your family, the connections and ties are still there.

    I say, continue to call her that. It might actually hurt her feelings if you stop. The only reason I'd stop myself would be if she specifically asked me not to call her that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family law [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm an unmarried and have a daughter that will be 10 soon and her father was in jail several times prior to being sentence from 1999 to 2006 for dealing drugs. When he got out of jail he went back to dealing drugs again. We still have the same last name because we were married and divorced...

Family Law [ 4 Answers ]

Im not sure about my situation. I have been raising my niece since she was 4. She will soon be 8 later this year. Her parents are in her life, Her mother is my sister, she has more contact with my niece than her father. Her father does not help me financially , the mother helps me at a minimum....

Family Law [ 8 Answers ]

Do I Have Any Rights If I Been Fooled For 7 Yrs As A Father And Then Come To Find Out That I Am Not The Father Through A Dna Test?

Family law [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to ask if after a teen 16 years of age moves out if the parents still have to support their teen with money? (kinda like paying child support) for dental,doctor,prescriptions,school supplies etc... :confused:

Family Law [ 3 Answers ]

What is the child support guidelines in North Carolina if the custodial parent lives in New York with the child (18 y/o in college) and the non-custodial parent resides in North Carolina?

View more questions Search