Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michelle_louise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Hole in my gum
    A couple of months ago I had a tooth infection, and recently I have noticed a small gap in my tooth and the gum itself. I then took a small cotton bud and rubbed it against the hole and it had a funny smell to it. I do smoke and drink so do you think this is the problem for it? I can sometimes taste a weird, horrible sensation to it. Its putting me off from smiling. So can anyone please help me answer this!! :confused:
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 07:43 PM
    You may have a tooth that is dying. The hole you have is probably a draining abscess. If you didn't have the hole you'd probably be swollen and in a lot of pain. I'd suggest seeing your dentist as soon as possible. You need an antibiotic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chewing gum... [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, if it isn't can one of the mods move it. I had a question about chewing gum. What do you think about it? I heard many benefits of chewing gum. Although I also heard of some negative aspects of gum chewing, they weren't as many... :)

Gum in the dryer [ 2 Answers ]

One of my sons dryed his clothes in my beautiful HE3 Kenmore Elite and there must have been gum in one of his pants' pockets. There is dried chewing gum stuck to the inside of the dryer, all over the inside - does anyone know how I can get rid of the sticky gum? Ice cubes won't work because the...

Is there any healthy gum? [ 2 Answers ]

I chew a lot of gum, and I don't mind that. I think that if I keep it up though, I'll develop cavities. I was just wondering if there I an alternative gum that does not contain as much sugar. Because I still want to a lot of gum, but just not Bubblicious. Here's how sugar that's in one piece...

Lump on gum? [ 1 Answers ]

About 3 days ago I noticed a small bump between my cheek and gum (at the base), just enough to be annoying but it didn't hurt. Now days later it's swollen and red and soft, fleshy. I swabbed it often with hydrogen peroxide, and now am using Listerine because of the alcohol content. The spot is...

Bleeding gum [ 2 Answers ]

I have a permanent gum bleeding. Its making my life impossible, even whene I eat a banana it makes my gum bleeds. I have seen a dentist and made a depuration but in vain. Can u please tell me what's my problem

View more questions Search