Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theresa50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Ice Maker installation
    I just had my ice maker connected. I notice the tech used plastic tubing rather than copper. I was concerned if it was okay to use plastic tubing. Is it better than copper? He said he used plastic because he went through th cabinet and around the dish washer. Copper he said might break. Is this true?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2007, 06:02 PM
    No problem using plastic. Most all installations are plastic these days. I have never had copper to "break" but plastic is easier to work with and copper has gotten expensive. You have nothing to worry about with the plastic. Enjoy your new icemaker and come back to this forum again
    smooth602 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 04:34 PM
    The plastic is easier to work with and easier to route. The copper can get pinched while working with it, especially if he forgot to route the line before the countertop went in. The plastic is much more forgiving, and will not permanently crimp. However, the copper will last longer than the PVC tubing, whicy may be prone to cracking and leaking over time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice maker won't make ice [ 7 Answers ]

Im sure someone messed with this thing. But it's a kenmore side by side fridge about a 1 1/2 years old. Putting the arm in the down positions usually triggers that unit to fill the aisle with water and then proceeds to freeze to make ice. Well that's not happening and I can't find the manual at...

GE Gold refrigerator ice maker leaking into the ice tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE Gold stacked refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker is leaking into the ice bin. The leak is a slow, constant drip that freezes into an icesicle. Annoying. Any advice would be appreciated ! :confused:

Ice Maker slow making ice [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore Elite refer and the ice maker has almost quit making ice.The ice maker is part # 4317943 the freezer is about 0.0F any help will be appreciated. Randy

View more questions Search