Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ummm Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Too Late to Ask
    I was in a great relationship for so long and everything was going along great. I knew I wanted to marry her and I had just begun to save money after buying a house. Then the other day she told me that she not sure how she feels and it all started boiling in her because I didn't get her a ring when we first moved into a house. So understanding the seriousness of the situation, I went to to her fathers house and asked for her hand in marriage and came back up and asked her to marry me.

She told me at the time "Not yet"... and then we talked some more and she said she felt that we were more friends than we were a couple. Confused at the loss in her feelings, I tried to understand what changed and all I got was that her wasn't as strong. I thought that this could be traced to getting out of the honeymoon phase and just getting on with life until marriage. We are both going to school and work and she works nights so this makes it tough to get time together, but when there is time we do make plans and go out. Also, since we had to move to a new town because of my job she really has no friends to hang out with, only me, causing irritation which can be understood.

So now she's moving out and is upset about it everyday. Is there someway back into her heart before she moves or should I wait a bit, give her space, and then try and revitalize the spark we had in the honeymoon phase.

Also, if we do get back together what's to say this won't happen again... I looked into this type of situation and found some good books... Bonds that make us free... and The Seven Principles that Make Marrieage Work.

If there is any guidance or advice that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 7, 2007, 12:54 PM
    I'm confused. Are you two married or not? It sounds like you never got that far and were just living together. If so, what's the honeymoon phase you mentioned?
    Ummm Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 01:00 PM
    We weren't married, but when you first start dating, some books refer to the happiness and bliss that you first feel the "honeymoon phase" --exactly like getting married though, you are right that is a bit confusing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

When is it too late? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, I have been on and off with my friend for over a year. From the start to now, he's definitely become my best friend. So, I've been "friends" and "more than friends" with my best friend for over a year. During April or May we were back to "more" and were doing great, on the verge of going out....

Is it too late? [ 1 Answers ]

To make a long story short, I am in the process of a divorce and my husband and I are awaiting the final divorce hearing. Presently, my temporary divorce papers states that I can keep my house (which is mine to begin with). Also. I am responsible for all payments, taxes and general upkeep of the...

Too late [ 5 Answers ]

I'm getting my taxes done on this Monday, the 16th, is that going to be to late?

Does he still want me or is it too late? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a man ask me out for a date while I was working. I gave him my number and he called me. We ended up going out for about a week and it was very intense and beautiful. I know he was like in love with me by how he looked at me and talked to me. I found out he still had pictures of his...

View more questions Search