Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keithsmusic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Filling in lost mortor in block foundations
    I have lost some of the mortar between the blocks in my foundation. What do I need to do to fix the cracks it is causing. Can you suggest a product?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 7, 2007, 08:01 PM
    First, I think I'd check those blocks for settling. Can you see the inside and outside of the wall? Is the cracking due to stress/settling? Is the drainage adequate? There are several products available. Check your local home improvement store (Lowes/HomeDepot), some will not only advise you which to select, but some provide in-store seminars, too.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 7, 2007, 08:39 PM
    If it isn't to noticeable id just use some sacrete or quickcrete, unless you want to try your hand at mixing masons mortar and sand,
    Other wise id just get a trial and redo the mortar where it needs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cracked foundations [ 3 Answers ]

I live in New mexico in a stucco house that was built 2 and a half years ago. Our house has started getting some cracks around the windows, horizontal cracks in the middle of walls, and a couple of cracks in the ceiling where the jonts come together. The back patio has separated from the house...

Repairing and painting Block Foundations [ 2 Answers ]

Power washing my block foundation to remove old peeling, flaking paint has left pock marks and some loss of mortar in joints. How do I repair and then what type of primer paint should I use? (Don't know what the original paint was-oil based or latex). I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

J-1 Visa, Filling and Tax back - I am so lost [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, :eek: I am working in the US this year from August 1st until next year June 30 and then switching almost surely to an hb-1 visa. I wonder how to fill my tax forms and I have heard that we can have taxes back. How does all of that work?? Thanks for all the help provided on that forum

Foundations... Variations! I'm confused! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, everyone! I'm just new here.. anyway, I'm glad I was able to find this site.. thank God. And I hope you can help me. It seems that whatever type of foundation I use, creams, sticks, cakes... it doesn't work for me. Sometimes it makes my skin look dry, sometimes it makes my...

Rebar in foundations [ 2 Answers ]

If you have an old foundation that does not have rebar, and you are going to tear down the existing house and rebuild. Is there a way to reinforce with rebar in the existing foundation?

View more questions Search