Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yenoh Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Jul 5, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Manual exfoliation of the face
    Although I have terribly oily skin, I am able to see a few flakes after washing and drying. I want to start exfoliating again because the dryness (dead skin) is causing me to break out. Oh by the way, I started using Neostrata 8% glycolic acid moisturizer, so I'm thinking that's where the flakiness is coming from. I want to go back to using that harsh bristle type sponge thing for 97 cents. It works wonders for my before, but now could be too harsh. Are there any suggestions to exfoliate manually?
    Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Yes the glycolic acid may be too harsh and I don't approve of the bristle sponge, but I have used St. Ives Apricot Scrub for years although I don't have oil skin, just need a pick me up once in a while. I find it entirely satisfactory. Get a trial size of an apricot scrub and try it, there should be enough for a couple of weeks in small tube. One application twice a week spaced out as you see fit should do it.

Another alternative may be the most recent exfoliation kits put out by all major cosmetic firms and I think you can find a rating on line if you Google. Try that and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manual Gear [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for someone who teach the Manual gear.. or anyone have a speaial ways to learn it, please also leave me message, thks.

Regular contact, but no face to face [ 2 Answers ]

We dated a while, then he wanted to take a break from seeing each other, but maintained some contact (txt. Message, some calls), about four weeks ago, we began to date some again, and saw each other 3 times in 2 weeks, he makes some form of contact every day, but we haven't seen each other again...

Operator's Manual [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Montgomery Ward 12/38 Industrial Commercial riding mower. I despartely need an "owners Manual" Can you help me?

Automatic to Manual [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possiable to change my automatic 93 honda civic, which is automatic to a manual? And if so is it really hard to do so?

How good is the manual? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm looking for input what makes a good user manual for consumer electronic products. Have you bought any products and was impressed by the manual? If so, what was the brand? How about bad manuals? Thanks in advance for any feedback, Barbara

View more questions Search