Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dibeadlio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 12:05 PM
    My senior dog won't eat
    My dog is 12 years old, a shepherd mix, medium size female. She stopped eating a few days ago and nothing I try to feed her tempts her, even her favorite foods. She also seems quite listless lately. Other than that, I haven't noticed any problems.
    Please help!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Try to get her to the vet yet this week. It could be something easily cured. For more details, see the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171

Tempting her with rich food will not cure what is causing her not to eat.
    rawolfe Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2007, 09:57 AM
    My pug mix started behaving similarly last year at age 9. Her energy levels went down considerably and she slept a lot. We thought she was just getting older. Then she started peeing in the house out of the blue. I took her to the vet and discovered she had diabetes. Now she gets insulin 2x a day and is back to behaving like a puppy again.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog refusing to eat dog food [ 3 Answers ]

My 8 year old German Shepard recently started refusing to eat her normal dry dog food. I'm nervous in the wake of all the pet food recalls. Her dog food is not listed on the recall list and does not contain wheat gluten. I have always let her self feed as she has always been good with how much she...

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

My Dog Won't Eat [ 1 Answers ]

My golden retriever is 14 and all of a sudden he won't eat at all. He was fine a couple days ago and just all of a sudden one night he threw up and he hasn't eaten a thing for 2 days. One of his favourite foods is rice with his dogfood (for an upset stomach) but he won't even touch that. My two...

My dog won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

My St. Bernard is 8 months old I have had her for five months and she only eats every 2 sometimes 3 day I have tried every kind of dog food. Wet to dry high to cheap evevrything in between. She has had all her shots and has been vet checked and they say everything is fine. She looks healthy but...

My dog won't eat! 2 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 months old Shih-tzu mix. I recently discovered the food I have been feeding him are not quite what I thought it would be, so I am trying to switch him to a better quality brand. At the first 2 mean when I try to mix the new kibbles in just a bit, he ate like usual, with excitement :D...

View more questions Search