Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blurino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Garbage disposal or dish washer
    Im not sure which appliance is the problem. When I run the garbage disposal the water seems to back up into the dish washer. Not all the water but it does cover the bottom of the dish washer. Does any one know what the problem is.
    Blurino
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Jul 2, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Maybe something is wrong with the grabage disposal. It shouldn't be sending water to the dishwasher. IT could be how the plumbing is set up also.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Jul 8, 2007, 08:38 AM
    The drain from the dishwasher should be strapped high to the underside of the counter then back down to the disposal.
    Its called a drain loop even though there is no loop. It stops water from draining into dishwashers that do not have a built in check valve for the drain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garbage disposal [ 1 Answers ]

My disposal has always worked just fine, but today it's sending water back up into the sink after it's gone down once the switch is turned off? A clog? Does this necessarily mean a plumbing call?

Garbage Disposal [ 1 Answers ]

Disposal is working but water is backed up and won't go down.

Garbage disposal [ 1 Answers ]

I have never had a problem running my garbage disposal before until I replaced it with a bigger and better one. Now my disposal backs up, and when I run the disposal, it backs up into the adjoining sink! Please help! Hi Mom, Sounds like you have a clog in the lateral, (horizontal ) pipe in...

Garbage disposal [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best way to clean the garbage disposal? Sometimes I put in a lemon but it really doesn't seem to work well enough. Any products for eating away the gunk?

View more questions Search