Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scout13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Alexis... gone
    A girl I have loved since 6th grade (now in 11th grade) and was in my class was just killed in a car crash a day after we just started to go out and now I feel so miserable and feel like it was my fault because I could've drove her home, but she insisted on having her friends drive her home and then a drunk driver came swerving down the road and crashed head-on right into my 1-day girlfriend's friends car killing them both(right before my eyes). I don't know what to do now any advice would be... helpful.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 07:53 PM
    I am very sorry for your loss. It is normal for grieving and it is also normal to try to blame yourself. You need to realise that this was not your fault and everybody has their own choices in life to make. She made a choice to go with her friends.

I would also recommend counseling. It is important that your able to open up and get your feelings out, no matter what it may be. It also helps coming here, because there are many people here that are understanding and are always here to lend an listening ear.

This is very tough and you need as much support for this situation. I also hope that the drunk driver gets life for killing two innocent people. I know it is not enough but at least you will know that the person responsible for this will be taken care of by the law?

Joe
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 1, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Oh, Scout I am so sorry for your loss. The loss of life at such a young age is so hard to deal with.

You know kiddo that there are 5 stages of grief. No matter what the situation we all have to go through all 5 stages. Let yourself grieve. Let yourself be angry. It is normal, natural. Cry if you feel like it, it helps. It really does, believe me, I have been through it so many times. 7 times in high school and countless others since.

It is okay to hurt, to feel lonely right now. It is normal.

Might I suggest a grief support group? Getting together with all of your friends who miss her?

Although it may not seem like it right now, time does heal all wounds. Remember the good things... the happy times.

I lost my father almost a month ago... that short time has made a difference. You would be surprised in how time works to heal our hearts.

My thoughts are with you in your time of need.
    LettuceBFrank Posts: 33, Reputation: 15

Jul 1, 2007, 10:04 PM
    It's a hard place to be. These are the five stages of grief. There is no formula or timetable as to how long each stage lasts. It depends upon the person and the support system that they have available to them. If you have a support system available to you, take it (including counseling)! Sometimes, even lame people who don't know what to say give great hugs...

Denial (this isn't happening to me!)

Anger (why is this happening to me?)

Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if... )

Depression (I don't care anymore)

Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 1, 2007, 10:06 PM
    Thank you for listing the stages. I am going though either bargaining or depression stages right now with my father's death. I couldn't remember them.
    scout13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Thank you j_9, jesus helper, and lettuce frank for your help and support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

P.O.A Over a loved one [ 1 Answers ]

When my father was ill in the hospital a couple of years ago, my sister had P.O.A. over him. He is now able to care for himself. Is this P.O.A. still valid? Thank you!

I just want to feel loved [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I feel like I need male attention. I usually go around telling guys they look hot and telling them that I want to do things with them, and I flirt with them and wear really tight clothes to school. I'm still a virgin, but I want to have sex with guys because I feel like it will make me...

Did she ever loved me? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I met the most amazing girl 7 years ago she gave everything and all the things for me past 7yrs she showed me what it feels liked to be loved and she knew that I loved her as much as she loved me. But all of sudden and out of nowhere she decide to get married with someone else. Why? She...

Loved by two brothers? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm china and I'm the one who wrote last time on the topic "should i give his brother a chance" and the one who wrote "help me plese i'm confused' right now the guy that I truly like is here in the US and well we have been communicating through e-mail. The problem that I have now is that his...

View more questions Search