Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowgirl852000 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 06:22 PM
    2002 dodge diesel
    I was thinking about buying a 2002 dodge ram 2500 diesel. From what I can tell it has about a 4 inch lift. I would be using the truck to pull horses. Would the lift affect the truck pulling?
    sjuneau Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 11:01 AM
    I had the same truck w/a 6" lift kit on it and extra large tires. I was pulling a cigarette boat. The only thing it affected, other than making terrible gas mileage even worse was after I put an extra long drop on my receiver hitch, my boat swayed a little more than
    It did before.
    However, I did have a friend w/a transmission shop who told me that he loved people like me because the lift kit and tires were already putting an extra load on the transmission, then I made it worse pulling an 8,000 pound boat. I had the whole rig for about 2 years, and pulled the boat almost every weekend during the Summer and never had a problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can cause overheating on my Dodge Ram 2002 4.7 engine? [ 22 Answers ]

Mi truck is overheating I change thermostat, fans clutch, radiator is 6 month old, water pump is OK but is a lot o pressure when engine is hot and my cage mark 1/4 pass the middle mark of the cage, what is the possible problem?

Powerstroke 7.3 diesel [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a used 2001 ford 7.3 diesel. It has been a nightmare. First a new ckank position sensor and cleanning of the injectors. Broke down again. This time wiring at the valve covers. Both sides bad. Broke down again. This time three injectors bad. Dealer says 1800.00. To fix. Seems to...

2002 dodge lights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 and just replaced the factory radio but after wiring it up I realized that I didn't use the dimmer wire from the truck. Now when I shut the truck off my lights go off(even if the switch is on) when they used to stay on for a min or so. And when I open my door to get in...

2002 Dodge ram [ 1 Answers ]

My truck will crank and sounds real good, but it will not stay running, even if I try to press the accelerator. It just dies. Any ideas on what could be wrong and the least expensive things to check first?

Diesel fumes [ 3 Answers ]

We installed a new furnace in our modular home a year ago. Since it was installed we have a problem with fumes when the furnace is running. The manufacture told me to duct air from under the house to the combustion. The fumes occur just before the blower shuts off. It is a forced air unit.

View more questions Search