Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faymus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Can I sue my bio father?
    :mad: Recently located bio-father. He is a dentist and living a very comforrtable life. I'm a bit pissed off right now. I finally found that rat. Not interested in having anything to do with me (which doesn't surprise me).

Can I sue him for not being there or taking an active supportive father's role in my life. I'm 37 now and not a teenager. I think people have got to really consider what or who they are impregnanting women. He was a university student and my mom was only 16 at the time. Any advice? And, she died when I was 10. I grew up virtually alone.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2007, 06:55 PM
    No, you have no legal grounds for a law suit. Your mom should have been collecting child support, but the time for her to sue for that would have long passed.
    tanyaroberts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 04:30 PM

I am trying to figure out the same thing let me know what you find out and visa versa
    My email is EMAIL REMOVED
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2010, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by faymus View Post
    :mad: Recently located bio-father. He is a dentist and living a very comforrtable life. I'm a bit pissed off right now. I finally found that rat. Not interested in having anything to do with me (which doesn't surprise me).

Can I sue him for not being there or taking an active supportive father's role in my life. I'm 37 now and not a teenager. I think people have got to really consider what or who they are impregnanting women. He was a university student and my mom was only 16 at the time. Any advice? And, she died when I was 10. I grew up virtually alone.
    Let me get this straight - you want to sue someone for not wanting a relationship with you? And what exactly do you think that will accomplish?

I'm sorry that you've had a rough life, but that doesn't change the fact. Even though she was a minor, your mom knew what she was doing at 16 years of age. So maybe people should consider what or who they're getting impregnated by; it takes two people to pro-create.

And to give you a "legal" answer - no, you have no grounds for a lawsuit.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2010, 12:23 PM

stevetcg agrees: Agrees, but 3 year old post
    *smacks self in forehead*

It was reopened by a piggy-backed question. Had I actually paid attention, I just might have caught that... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can NON bio dad sue bio mom for C/S ? [ 10 Answers ]

I am divorced from ex . Who has been a father figure to my oldest daughter for 15 1/2 years . She is 16 (17 in June of 07) . If she decides to move in with him . Can he sue me for C/S ? He is NOT the bio dad . And he does NOT have legal custody of her at this time . Can he sue me for C/S , or will...

Looking for my bio father [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for my biological father. All I have is a name and the school where he and my mother met. I live in IL and all files are sealed until I get a court order to have them opened. I don't know if I can post the name and info that I have on this forum. Could anyone help me out with...

Sue father for abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My father walked out on me when I was 6 months old and never looked back. My childhood suffered greatly because of this. Poverty and abuse while he lived wealthy and the good life. I still suffer mentlly wondering why he would do that to his 1st born while he has had other children and took very...

Bio father and wifes' rights [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is victoria, I have four adopted children, three from the same mother, different fathers' my daughter just turned 18 and her bio father showed up at the front door of my house... now my daughter has fully embraced him and his wife and children. She spends every weekend there and ask...

View more questions Search