Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yeah1975 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 10:20 AM
    New Job after filing Chapter 13
    I filed for bankruptcy(chapter 13) 2 months ago and I start a new job making more $$ the same week of my meeting of creditors, do I tell them I have a new job making more money and risk not getting my debts discharged. Or keep everything as is when I initially filed... Please advise! :(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 28, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Do NOT withhold any info. That will go against you in court.

Jul 2, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Do NOT withhold any info. that will go against you in court.
    What if I'm going to start the new job after the meeting of creditors?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 2, 2007, 06:24 AM
    See previous answer

Jul 2, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    See previous answer

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing Chapter 13 vs possible judgements [ 10 Answers ]

I lost my job several years ago and my income was dramatically reduced. Since then I have: consolidated loans through a second mortgage; refinanced the house almost equal to it's value; and enrolled in a credit counseling service to reduce the credit card interest. I was paying down the credit...

Complicated state tax filing between NY and NJ and missed filing from last year [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am really confused and would appreciate some feedback into how I should proceed with my taxes. My background: I am a non-resident alien, Canadian citizen who is a masters student studying and residing in NJ. During 2006, I worked on campus for a few months and receieved a W2 for...

Non-resident H4, ITIN number, e-filing, jointly filing taxes with spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a couple of questions. My spouse is a resident (H1) and I'm on an H4 visa. I'm a non-resident based on the substantial presence test. When we file our taxes 1) Do I need to get a ITIN number before we file our joint taxes? How long would it take to get one? 2) Once I have the...

Filing Chapter 7 Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Approximately how long does it take once you've filled out the bankruptcy forms does it take to file? Does it depend on the State you live in or the court schedule?

View more questions Search