Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awais pasha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 07:08 AM
    finance topic is lease
    PENC Corporation is attempting to determine whether to lease or purchase office equipment for its newly established Zonal office in Karachi. The firm is in the 40 percent tax bracket, and its after-tax cost of debt is currently 8 percent. The term of the lease and the purchase are as follows:

Lease: Annual end-of-year lease payments of Rs.25,200 are required over 3 year life of the lease. All maintenance costs will be paid by the lessor; insurance and other costs will be borne by the lessee. The lessee will exercise its option to purchase the asset for Rs.5000 at termination of the lease.

Purchase: The office equipment, costing Rs.60, 000, can be financed entirely with a 14 percent loan requiring annual end-of-year payments of Rs.25, 844 for 3 years. Depreciation charges will be 33% in the first year, 45% in the second year and 15% in the third year. The firm will pay Rs.1,800 per year for a service contract that covers all maintenance costs; insurance and other costs will be borne by the firm. The firm plans to keep the equipment and use it beyond its 3 year recovery period.

a. Calculate the after-tax cash outflows associated with each alternative.
    b. Calculate the present value of each cash outflow stream using the after-tax cost of debt.
    c. Which alternative, lease or purchase the equipment, would you recommend? Why?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 25, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Please refer to THIS ANNOUNCEMENT

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to enforce lease term/collect due rent when tenant breaks lease [ 8 Answers ]

My tenant who signed a 12-month lease in November just told me she is moving out in less than a week. She took it upon herself to prorate this month's rent. I would like to enforce the lease agreement and collect the rent for the remaining months of the term, but I need to know how to go about...

Information about breach of lease agreement and about breaking a lease... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been residing in the state of Georgia for almost a year. I moved from New York, I had never rented in New York so this is all new to me. Here's the issue, Me and my husband signed a lease on July to this apartment complex, at the time we thought it would be a lovely place to raise a...

Verbal Lease after written lease agreement - Florida [ 6 Answers ]

I had a signed lease with my renter from March 2006 to October 2006. In September he failed to pay rent due to him trying to get his son from Social Services. We verbally agreed to extend the lease to a month to month basis and him adding an additional $50.00 per month to make up for Septembers...

Lease Termination Question (NJ) - 3 Room-mates on Lease , 1 Is not sure of moving out [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We are three room-mates sharing a apartment and the lease expires Jan 31,2007. We got a notice to renew the lease last month and need to respond by the 21st of December (this month). Me and one of my other roomie wants to move out and the third roomie is still not sure of moving out. ...

View more questions Search