Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lefty904 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 09:36 AM
    My daughter and her boyfriend are buying a home. Can the deed be in both names even though they are not married?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Yes, deeds and mortages can be done to two non related people,
    treyball3 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Jun 25, 2007, 07:31 AM
    They CAN, but the more appropriate question is SHOULD they. Situations like this are nightmares in the making. Sure their relationship may be great now, but things happen. And owning a house together creates HUGE problems if things go awry. Just something to keep in mind...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding names to a deed [ 5 Answers ]

My mother would like to add 2 of her children's name on the house deed. She lives in New York state. How does she add her children's names to the deed?

How many names on the deed? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question: I am building a new home in Texas where my fiancé and I plan on living (and we plan on getting married in about a year). Since my credit and my salary is better than hers, I am the only one on the mortgage, but now the question is what names to put on the deed. In...

Addition of names to property deed [ 1 Answers ]

Hello ! Thank you for reading my question. If my husband and I own our home as tenants in common, is it possible for him to add others (such as his adult son) to the deed without my knowledge, or would I need to sign off on such a transaction as well? Thank you .

View more questions Search