Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toya141 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Lawnmower Blade
    I have a Murray 16HP 42" Lawnmower. I had to replace the belt however, now the blade would not engage. Can you send a picture of the proper arrangement for the belt, and if I did place the belt correctly, what else may be the possible cause.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 10:08 AM
    I don't have a diagram but I can tell you that the flat side of the pulley receives the outside of the belt and the tapered pulley receive the inside of the belt. Maybe this will help you figure the routing of the belt. THe blades did engage proir to changing belt,correct? Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears riding lawnmower blade scalps the ground at any setting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a relatively new Sears Craftsman riding lawnmower. I accidentally ran over a protruding rock last year and ever since then no matter what level I set the blade at, it scalps the ground down to the dirt! I hate to take the mower to a lawnmower repair shop because I know it won't be cheap....

Removing a blade from a Craftsman Lawnmower... [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I am trying to tighten up the blade on a Craftsman electric lawnmower my neighbor threw out. It still works, but the blade will not tighten up. I have tried to hold the blade and loosen, held the spinning mechanism the blade sits on, I have jammed screwdriver up into the bottom of the mower...

Blade Holder Arm [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Hampton Bay Mediteranian 52" 5 blade ceiling fan. One of the blade holder arms broke off. Does anyone know if I can repair that or is the fan now useless?

Ride on blade will not engage [ 1 Answers ]

Cadet ride on lawn mower with safety feature of disengage cutting blade... now blade will not reengage... reset button? Help !

View more questions Search