Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brad-hill1988 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 01:48 AM
    Owi offence
    My girlfriend just got a owi tonight and she got a mip the like a half a month ago I don't know wats going to happen to her she is only 16 so I don't know wats going to happen so help

EDIT> (fr chuck) my best quess,

My girl friend got a "operating while intoxicated" and she got a "minor in possession" about two week ago. I do not know what is going to happen to her. She is only 16 so I do not know what is going to happen.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 04:01 AM
    I don't understand your post, well partially, but are you writing like text messaging, or what?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 04:44 AM
    Well for one, she has a drinking problem and needs to get professional help, since it was obvious she idd not learn anything.

She will for sure lose her drivers licnese for at several years. There will be some large fines, most likely community service and a few years of probation.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Most likely she will be mandated to attend classes - she pays for those. It is going to be expensive. Paying for the classes, paying to get the license back, paying the higher insurance costs, court costs and the attorney. Hopefully that will wake her up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got OWI in a different County and on probation! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 20 yrs old and last weekend I got an operating while intoxicated ticket and I am on probation. I want to tell my probation officer but she hates me. The county I got the owi in is 60 miles away from where I am on probation in. I think I should tell her because I have a daughter and work full...

Owi [ 4 Answers ]

How much time can you get for 6 owis my last one was 14 years ago ?

It is not a criminal offence [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I would like to ask your idea about this" I called to the Treasure of the city of ottawa (the court), I asked my questions and a lady checked my offence number. It shows in their record "tress pass to property", she said it is not Criminal offence. If I reopen the case and finally I...

Provincial offence notice [ 22 Answers ]

Hello Here are the info : What are provincial offences? Provincial offences are non-criminal charges, primarily laid by the police, including those committed under the following: * Highway Traffic Act - such as speeding, careless driving, or not wearing your seat belt *...

Is a provincial offence a criminal offence? [ 1 Answers ]

From http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:ixz_CvDzly4J:www.plea.org/newyj/resources/criminal.pdf+%22provincial+offence+%22+and+%22federal+offence%22+and+%22shoplifting%22&hl=en&gl=ca&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a Advise me based on canada rules Is a provincial offence a criminal offence? A...

View more questions Search