Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Jun 21, 2007, 01:52 AM
    I want to lose weight
    My name is FrOsT_BiTe,
    But you can call me chaz. I have a serious problem about my weight issue. I walk every day to and from school (1.5 hours a day of exercise), I walk up an extremely big mountain every second day (40 minutes of walking around it) and I play tennis every Friday (3:00pm till 6:00pm)
    But I can never lose any weight. I think that it might be my eating habits that I have. I can't say no to food, even if it looks old and moldy (OK! So if it looks moldy and old I will stay away!) But I just can't say no to food. I weigh 62.2kg. So I was wondering how I can lower my weight, is my weight now dangerous for my health and how can I saw NO to food? Please help! :confused: :o
    1busymaniam Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Jun 21, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Hi chaz ,
    Chaz I'm not sure what to tell you but I'll start with you should drink 3-4 liters of water every 24 hours . Should be easy , much could be consumed during the walk period , tennis . Maybe jump some rope or jog some of the 1.5 hours but sounds like you do plenty aerobically .
    You weigh about 137 pounds . I am sure you will get some nice dietary advice from the board soon . I don't see any danger in your weight . Not sure why you worry .
    Good luck... Russell
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 08:07 AM
    How tall are you?
    beachgurly06 Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Jun 21, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Okay to jump start your metabolism first thing in th morning you need to eat something. I mean within the first hour. Now if you can go see a nutritionist so you can find out exactly how much body fat you have she/he can also tell you how many calories you burn just resting and breathing. Now say you burn 1800 calories just resting, then you would want to eat 1600 calories to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Also what helps a lot is to keep a calorie diary and write down everything you eat and how many calories it was then add them all up throughout the day so you don't go over. Your water intake is very important also so try to drink more of that and also eat more foods that are made up with a high percentage ofwater such as cucumbers and lettuce. Things of that nature. Good luck. It's the healthiest way to lose weight, and try to get over 30 minutes of exercise a day and do at least 20 minutes of cardio a day.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Start by eating breakfast like was mentioned, wheat cereal, hot or cold, with low fat or skim milk, yogurt, low fat and fruit, but eat something, Next eat smaller sizes of healthy foods, Small meaning 1 serving size of meat for instance is only 3 oz. the size of an open palm, Try and eat protein with each meal, skinless chicken, turkey breast, fish, loin type means. You need at least 3 serving of veggies, and that is only 1/2 cup raw, cooked or leafy, 2-4 serving of fruit, one medium size piece of fruit, 2-3 serving of dairy, like 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, yogurt or low fat, skim milk. Whole grains, a serving is 1/2 wheat, brown rice, cereal, breads and pasta, try and cut out all white flour products. Cut out fried foods, fatty foods, foods high in sodium, like chips, high in sugar like soda, cakes and cookies. Drinks lots of water. Beans, legumes are great sources of protein but you only need 1/2 a cup, and 1/3 cup of seeds or nuts if you get hungry between meals. Read nutritional labels and stick to the one serving size of the product your eating, if you eat smaller portions, you will reduce calories automatically. If your really into counting calories reduce your intake 100-500 calories, but never go under 1,000 calories a day. Alower body fat percentage comes from healthy and steady weight loss of no more than 3 pounds a week. It takes, good food choices, smaller portions and a over all body workout, 4-5 times a week, 30-60 minutes of walking, jogging, biking, dancing, aerobics, resistance training, but you have to work the whole body and change the exercises or even the order you do them every couple of weeks! Keep in mind how you wan to look, or the clothes you wish you could wear and keep focused, it takes, time and patience but you can do it!
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Jun 21, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelesspa
    Start by eating breakfast like was mentioned, wheat cereal, hot or cold, with low fat or skim milk, yogurt, low fat and fruit, but eat something, Next eat smaller sizes of heathy foods, Small meaning 1 serving size of meat for instance is only 3 oz., the size of an open palm, Try and eat protein with each meal, skinless chicken, turkey breast, fish, loin type means. you need at least 3 serving of veggies,, and that is only 1/2 cup raw, cooked or leafy, 2-4 serving of fruit, one medium size piece of fruit, 2-3 serving of dairy, like 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, yogurt or low fat, skim milk. Whole grains, a serving is 1/2 wheat, brown rice, cereal, breads and pasta, try and cut out all white flour products. Cut out fried foods, fatty foods, foods high in sodium, like chips, high in sugar like soda, cakes and cookies. Drinks lots of water. Beans, legumes are great sources of protein but you only need 1/2 a cup, and 1/3 cup of seeds or nuts if you get hungry between meals. Read nutritional labels and stick to the one serving size of the product your eating, if you eat smaller portions, you will reduce calories automatically. If your really into counting calories reduce your intake 100-500 calories, but never go under 1,000 calories a day. Alower body fat percentage comes from healthy and steady weight loss of no more than 3 pounds a week. It takes, good food choices, smaller portions and a over all body workout, 4-5 times a week, 30-60 minutes of walking, jogging, biking, dancing, aerobics, resistance training, but you have to work the whole body and change the exercises or even the order you do them every couple of weeks! Keep in mind how you wan to look, or the clothes you wish you could wear and keep focused, it takes, time and patience but you can do it!
    All I want to say is thanks but low fat milk is high in sugar. (low fat milk- 14.5g Normal- 12g)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

Why can't I lose weight [ 2 Answers ]

I am 26, 5'6", 170lbs. I used to have no problem losing weight when I was younger, but over the past 2 years it's been a true struggle. I have spent hundreds (maybe even thousands) on trainers, gym memberships, equipment, doctors, fad diets, etc. I work out at least 3 days a week at the gym (30-45...

Cannot lose weight [ 2 Answers ]

I have been commuting to work and have been riding an average of 105 minutes a day @ a heart rate of 150 bpm for four weeks consistently :mad: and have not changed what I eat . I have not lost a pound. Is this a sign of a thyroid problem? Is this normal? With the online calorie estimators @ my...

Can't lose weight [ 7 Answers ]

I can't say that I have been actively trying to lose weight so I guess I can't complain that the pounds are sticking around. How do you get yourself motivated to exercise and how the heck does anyone have time to eat healthy. It seems to me that a healthy diet is far more work! I have a 3 year old,...

Lose weight [ 1 Answers ]

Hey wts the easiest way to lose weight and tone up please help wb soon xxx:confused:

View more questions Search