Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JEWELMINNE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Canine thyroid disease
    I have a rottie for almost 12yrs now and just this year i seen that she is losing a lot of weight. I found out that she has canine thyroid disease and took her to the vet, but all he has given me are pills that are not helping she has come to the point where her bones are showing is it the disease or her age taking a turn for the worst please help!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Likely the vet has prescribed what works most often or even what frequently is a cost effective solution. Nothing works 100% of the time. At least call the vet. He may have another arrow in his quiver.

I love large dogs. Sadly those of us that do, pay for it with their shorter life spans. My Lab Aster was 13 last fall. She is still in fairly good condition, but has slowed down. Last Sunday she wouldn't retrieve sticks beyond where she could wade. I treasure the time I have left with her. Her time will come, and perhaps your Rott's time is coming.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Canine symptoms [ 3 Answers ]

Our 7 month old boxer has stopped eating, and is very lethargic? This started yesterday?

Canine ear hematoma [ 1 Answers ]

My 11 year old chocolate Labrador developed an ear hematoma in her left ear. She previously had the same problem in her right ear and at that time we had it drained and stitched closed in what I can best describe as a quilted pattern with many stitches. This time we had it drained and immobilized...

Canine Arthritis [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 13 yr old miniature beagle that, lately , has been suffering from arthritis. I was wondering if anyone knows any treatments that I can provide for her myself. I am aware of some of the medicinal treatments.

Thyroid [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you so much for you info on tumor removel , I have one question , My mother inlaw has a tumor on her thyroid non-cancerous type . Im trying to find info on just removeing the tumor none of the lobe or thyroid at all is there a possible surgery out there . Rita J

Canine Cavities [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old Golden Retriever puppy.. and when he was teething during the last two months... some of his teeth we not loose enough to fall out on their own very easily... but eventually they fell out. One tooth in particular ( one of the upper canines ) did not fall out until it was almost...

View more questions Search