Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DAVIDRANDOLPH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Credit Repair
    Two years ago I signed the bank note covering the mortgage an equity loan (same bank)for a friend. He made no payments to his mortgage and several payments to the equity loan and, of course the bank began proceedings. After twelve months (July 2006) he managed to refinance and transfer the note from my name to his.

What can I do to repair my credit which shows about eight late payments in excess 120 along with several late payments against the Equity Loan.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 20, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Remember that whenever you sign (or co-sign) a bank note, the responsibility for payment is yours. You may have a verbal agreement with your friend that he would pay, but as far as the bank is concerned they loaned the money to you, and hence it's your responsibility to make sure the loan payments are made on time.

I don't think there is much you can do to repair your credit history in the short term. You should make sure all your other credit dealings are spotless, and then wait for the bad credit history to clear out. Unfortunately, for delinquincies like this it may take up to 7 years for it to clear off your credit history.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Repair [ 4 Answers ]

There are so many credit repair companies and web sites around. You also hear about schemes and other people fanaggling ways to get you to pay them to help you repair your credit or increase your score. How does one know who to trust? Has anyone really gotten success with any of these companies?...

Credit Repair [ 5 Answers ]

I have a poor credit report. I am able at this time to pay off what I owe. Is it possible to make arrangements with a credit company to remove bad credit if payment is made in full? If so, what type of letter would best work? Thanks for you time mica

How to repair my credit [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 21 yrs old and fixing to get married I want to repair my credit of some past mistakes from being young and stupid and having some fincial hardships. I've been trying to pay off my debts and I've manged to do that with some but I can't pay off my credit card balances in full and I don't have a...

Credit repair [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone used the credit company in columbus called CCCS? It is on Broad Street on the east side. I wanted to go to them for help but I know nothing about them. Are they good at what they say they do?

Question #3 Credit Repair: Old, inactive accounts - should I delete? [ 5 Answers ]

I have two (a major department store and major banking institution) revolving accounts that have been open since 2000 and 1995 respectively, but have held a zero balance for the last several years. If I cannot re-establish usage of these accounts, will deleting them hurt my credit? -Ena

View more questions Search