Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snapdragon Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jun 18, 2007, 07:16 PM
    I need to talk
    I would really like to talk to soemone right now, I can't stop crying. I'll talk about your kids, or your relationship anything, I just need to talk to somebody I'm not suicidal a am just really sad right now
    goingoofy2 Posts: 49, Reputation: 13

Jun 18, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragon
    i would really like to talk to soemone right now, i can't stop crying. I'll talk about your kids, or your relationship anything, i just need to talk to somebody I'm not suicidal a am just really sad right now
    Wutz wrong dear..

Jun 18, 2007, 07:25 PM
    I don't really know, I do this to myself every once in a while. I feel like everything is a mess, and I am five years old. I want to go crawl into a corner and cry. I'm very pessimistic, closed minded and I make myself miserable. I put myself down all the time, and I tell myself that most things are my fault. I used to write in a journal, but, that doesn't seem to help any. I just need somebody who understands what I'm going through to talk to. I need a friend

Jun 18, 2007, 07:26 PM
    I want to stop crying
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2007, 07:32 PM
    I can only imagine this is the worst way a person can feel! I'm guessing that, when this feeling hits you, you don't give a hoot about anything--would just like for it all to go away. Have you seen a doctor about these feelings of depression? If so, what did he/she say? If not, what might be holding you back?

Jun 18, 2007, 07:38 PM
    I can't really get myself to go out. I don't have insurance, and I sometimes feel such strong anxiety at the thought of going outside alone. I hate leaving the apartment, I'm scared to and I don't know why
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2007, 07:40 PM
    You don't go out at all? Does this change from day to day or week to week?

When were you outside the apartment most recently?

Jun 18, 2007, 07:53 PM
    I guess, the longest I've ever stayed in the apartment was three days straight. I go out for the mail, and if my boyfriend drags me out to do something, because he knows what's going on with me. So he tries to help. He just doesn't understand it. Most recently I was out yesterday. My family was here for the weekend. But, I haven't been outside today. Itjust depends on the week and my state of mind.

Jun 18, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Snappy... can u make a list? A list of likes and dislikes? It is sometimes easier when things are on paper/computer. Then take that list and make it a point to work on each one be it negative or positive. The positive you do after you have taken a deep breath and decided you are going to be happy today... the negative are the ones you need to look at and understand why they are on that side... and how you can transfer them to the positive side. I've done it, I've had friends do it and it often seems to work.

Another thing would be to take a woman's one-a-day vitamin... they are the best thing on the market for perking your spirits up as well as being nutritional good for you... eating healthy makes for a healthy mind as well.

I've dealt with depression all my life, it's only been in the last 10 years that I've felt my best... I've had to work at it but I'll tell you what an amazing feeling. Nobody out there can make you feel good, only you can make you feel good, then you can make those around you feel good too.

Take a deep breath and smile real big my friend... it's a great start and it'll make you feel better!

Jun 18, 2007, 08:14 PM
    I really appreciate you guys talking to me, no matter how much I think about it it just doesn't make sense to me. Why am I like this? Why do I do this to myself? Why does everything seem so pointless and uninteresting? Why are people so happy? Can't they see what I see? I want to throw things all the time, I want to cry and hit the people I love. Everything and everyone is meaningless. I can sit and think about nothing all day. My mind fills with dark clouds when I get into arguments with my boyfriend and it's as though I get lost and can't form words or feelings. I'm so frustrated, and I feel like I'm one of those people whose posts you read and you try to help a few times, but find it hopeless and give up. I'm sorry if you find all of this pointless, I'll understand.

Jun 18, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Snap, I was you... 10 years ago... however it takes you to make a difference. When everything around you seems like it's falling apart then YOU have to make a difference. I was prescribed all those crazy meds the docs thought would help, but then I decided they only made me madder. I would scream at my kids my partner, people driving, (yep road rage) it really got out of control. I then decided I needed to do something different and from that point on I was beginning to take control of my [erratic] actions. I may be filing for divorce soon, however it hasn't affected me like break ups used to years ago, I'm in control of my feeling now and no man or woman will take that away. I feel for you my dear, I really do. I never wished anyone went through what I went through, I had to fight some nasty demons and boy was it a tough road... do I still get angry or upset, sure do, just on a different level. Sometimes loneliness can eat you alive, sometimes nasty comments can really upset you, and sometimes just getting up for work makes you angry. Again, try looking at the positive of any one of your problems and work from there... and never, never depend on anyone person for YOUR happiness.

Jun 18, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Thank you so much, I can't believe how hard it is to be happy sometimes. Sometimes, I just want to talk about it until my mouth dries out. I just want to be heard and cared for. That's what's so strange. Normally my boyfriend gets angry with me because I don't talk enough. I don't share my feelings and tell him when and why I'm angry. I keep everything in. all my feelings and thoughts, all my emotions and tears until I pop. Then I desperately want a friend, I hate putting everything on my boyfriend all of the time. I can't believe I still have tears to cry, and I don't think he can either. It's means so much to me that you would take the time to listen and give me such heartfelt answers and help. Sometimes all I need is to feel like I have a friend.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Do this for yourself. Think of one thing you want to accomplish tomorrow. Do you want to go outdoors for a walk or to shop or to the library? Do you want to rearrange a kitchen cabinet? What one effort you make would give you a feeling of accomplishment? Notice I said one--not a list and not a lot and not turning your life around. Just one thing, one effort.

Now, tell me what that effort is, what you can do tomorrow that will make you feel good, feel proud of yourself.

Jun 18, 2007, 09:10 PM
    I try to do this sometimes. I make excuses a lot. I always find a way to get out of the thing that I plan for myself. I can always talk myself out of doing something. But, lucky for me, my boyfriend has joined a pool league that meets on Tuesday nights and I try as hard as I can to force myself to go. So my one thing is to get out of the house and accompany my boyfriend tomorrow. And I'll do you one better. I will aim to talk to two people. I only wish you knew how hard all of this sounds in my head. Thank you!!
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Jun 18, 2007, 09:16 PM
    I would love to talk, but not about you... lets talk about you! How old are you? And what's the number one thing that makes you sad/mad?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragon
    pool league that meets on Tuesday nights...accompany my boyfriend tomorrow. and i'll do you one better. I will aim to talk to two people.
    Ok, you're on! YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

I will hope for a full report maybe late tomorrow evening or certainly by Wednesday. I will want to know what was easiest and what was hardest. (Don't tell me what you think those will be. Tell me after you do this.) Tell me too what part you were proudest of, what you did for yourself that made you feel terrific.

I will be waiting for news.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jun 18, 2007, 10:05 PM
    I had a pretty bad break-up a while ago, and I felt the same way you do, I couldn't break myself out of being depressed, even though there was no real reason I should have been. I talked to a therapist and she told me I have "reactional depression" and gave me Lexapro and now I feel stable. Therapists are amazing
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jun 19, 2007, 05:06 AM
    You're in luck :) I love meeting people, but I love to listen to them even more and try to assist where I can. You can send me a private message if you want.

Jun 19, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Morning Snap... hope you have a great day today... breath in through the nose and out through the mouth... smile!! Work on all your negatives in your life while still doing all the positives that make you happy. Some days are tougher than others, however be strong and know somewhere down the road YoU ArE going to be happy!

Jun 19, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by goingoofy2
    Morning Snap ...hope you have a great day today ...breath in through the nose and out through the mouth ...smile!!! Work on all your negatives in your life while still doing all the positives that make you happy. Some days are tougher than others, however be strong and know somewhere down the road YoU ArE going to be happy!!
    I can't tell you happy this makes me! Thank you!! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need some one to talk to [ 16 Answers ]

Ok here it goes I am 17 and I I've been thro so much in my life that I want to give up Everything I have the best boyfriend I could ask for and the best friends ever.I just can't take my mom and dad's any more they are always bothering me and stuff and I'm tiered of it I use to cut myself and...

Should I go talk to him? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, so there is this guy (David), he’s 18 and just two years older than me… he’s a real good friend of one of my best friends (Rachel) but I mean they’re just fiends like brother and sister there is no way they will be like a couple some day… David is known as a “player”, the kind of person who’s...

Anyone want to talk [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for someone to talk to, or ask me a question.. im full of information

Talk to me! [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get my puppy to tell he that he needs to go potty? My scotti is 5 months old now and is pretty good about going potty outside but I think it is me that is trained, not him! I am the one trained on a schedule of taking him out. He'll just go in the house never indicating that he has to go...

View more questions Search