Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kelseysoccer8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Removing Hair Color
    I've been dying my hair walmart box dark brown/black for a couple months now and I want to go back to my natural hair color which is a dirty blonde/golden brown. I don't have the money to go to a salon so I am going to do it myself. What hair color removal should I use? Or should I just try and dye it my natural color? Help!
    catsandkittensandmittens Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Jun 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
    My friend did that and she just dyed it back the natural color and had it cut. She just kept doing this until all of the old color grew out. It took awhile to grow and cut and dye, grow cut, and dye. But you can do it!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 19, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Sweetie, if you want to go from dark to dirty blonde without red/orange shade, you will need to lighten your hair with bleach and then apply the desired color. If you don't want to go to a salon, ask someone you know who has experience in hair coloring to help you color your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Dark Hair Color [ 33 Answers ]

I have colored my hair at home for the last year. It has gotten almost black and I want a more medium brown. My 3 inch roots are the way I want my color but I'm getting anxious about the rest of it. I have read about all kinds of home remedies... prell, dawn dish det. etc. they just don't seem to...

Will hair color remover remove the color or make it lighter? [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair light golden brown. My original hair color was dark brown. Now the golden brown is starting to fade and plus my hair is growing out at the roots. The hair color did damage to my hair and I don't want to permanent dye it anymore. All I want to do is put a dark rinse to at least get my...

Removing dark hair color [ 5 Answers ]

hello everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me cos my hairs driving me mad! I used to have bleach blond hair until last year when I died it mid brown at the hairdressers, since then I've bin getting it done regularly n now its really dark brown that also has a red color in...

Removing color from dying hair too dark [ 5 Answers ]

I have medium to dark brown hair. I used Clairol's Natural Dark medium golden brown color and the color came out way too dark, closer to black. What can I use to lighten the color without hurting my hair?

Removing Color to Go Gray [ 1 Answers ]

I appreciate that this forum is available. I have looked in many places but can't seem to get where I need to be. Here is my dilemma. My natural hair color is dark brown and white and gray... I really don't know too much for sure because I have been using permanent hair color for 20 or so years,...

View more questions Search