Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vitics Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2005, 07:15 AM
    Fatal exception od at 281f and 16ff
    I am using win 98se .Recently I get crashes while I am in the internet and try to open a new page. IE 6 stops responding. When I use alt+ ctrl+delete I get the message that IE does not respond.I click end of that job and get the message: Fatal exception OD at 281F:014F6B97. I push a button and get a next Fatal exception OD at 16FF : 014775E5. Then I have to close the PC manually . Any help?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2005, 04:43 AM
    I think the best idea might be to download Internet Explorer again and try reinstalling it. If you have any kind of System Restore facility on your PC, you might want to try putting your PC to a state a week ago to see if that helps. I know Win98 doesn't have it built in but a lot of manufactorers send out their PC's with something.

Jun 13, 2005, 09:57 AM
    Thanks a lot Theobald
    I think it has something to do with graphic driver, video's or something.Microsoft knowledge base does not have exactly that case.I can understand it from the surrounded, but it is not my case.
    I have nothing to restore, only a regedit but I do not dare .The problem came many days ago and keeps appearing from time to time.Uninstalling the IE and reistalling seems dangerous to me, I feel not at ease.Although I did some reapirs with the relative tool.It does not seem to make some difference.

I keep trying. Thanks a lot.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2005, 05:53 AM
    Don't uninstall IE. For one, I don't think you can on Win98, it's tied into the OS. Just try running the reinstall program again. It'll simply just set the program back to an original state but you will still have all your settings etc. If you think it could be the graphic card drivers, have you tried updating them?

Jun 14, 2005, 10:16 AM
    I have only repaired the IE with the specific tool in the win98se. I can't tell any effect. But updating the graphics or video driver is an unknown area to me.
    I did downloaded intel chipset 82810 or something .It gave my screen some more colors and it is OK I think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

JNLPException[category: Download Error : Exception:java.net.ConnectException: Connect [ 0 Answers ]

Hi all , it's woking in server Because code base = cPanel... if am calling the same application in client/ end User .. Error Connection Refuse.. clear about the Error message: An error occurred while launching/running the application. Title: My Pirate! Vendor: me Category: Download Error

Fatal Attraction [ 7 Answers ]

OK, so I'm not a vengeful person, and I really try to look at a situation from all sides... but my sides are running out any advise? Here's the scenario, this female, with a child, has taken a serious liking to my husband. For about the last 6 months I have patiently watched this person...

Fatal error's [ 2 Answers ]

i keep getting them and i'm not sure why my mom in law think's my computer is crashing can you help me? i'm running windows 98 2nd edition

Hard drive crashes fatal exception OD [ 3 Answers ]

I had a 40Gb.drive added in Jan.to my 8 GB.I'm on Windows 98se amdK6 WITH 192 MG sdram.When I ty to open it fom My Computer desktop icon it instantly freezes after showing all the folders etc.then it gives a message fatal exception OD OO28:CoooB28C ib XD Vmm etc. It worked fine for 3 months but...

View more questions Search