Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leah1963 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Craftsman mower clutch/brake
    I have a Craftsman lawn tractor and something happened while mowing. Now to get the mower to go forward or reverse I have to pull back on the clutch/brake pedal. Works fine as long as I have it pulled back, but my foot is getting tired holding it in position so the mower will go. Recently divorced and don't know much about mowers please help. Thank You Leah
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 02:43 PM
    SOunds like asring has come off or brokekn on the idler plate. Lower deck to lowest position and look up under neath in the middle and see if you see a spring
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 10:52 PM
    Could Also Be A Large Spring On The Left Side Of The Mower , Just Under The Frame. Easiest To See From The Right Hand Side Looking Across With A Flashlight.
    Mister P Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 02:26 PM
    I have a Johndeere L100 42" cut riding mower the brakes will not stop it how do you adjust them
    Mister P Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 02:27 PM
    How to adjust brakes on John Deere L100 Lawn Tractor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Craftsman 20.0 electric start 42 inch automatic lawn tractor mower clutch [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Craftsman 20.0 hp electric start 42" mower automatic lawn tractor Model 917.270940 and it appears the cable that allows you to engage the blades has broken. How do you either fix this problem or do we need to purchase a new cable. If we need a new cable how is it installed... I need...

Craftsman 20.5hp electric clutch overdrawing? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My Craftsman 20.5hp 50" deck tractor just got a battery a couple months ago and it seems to have trouble keeping it charged. I noticed that the Amp meter shows charging when the deck is disengaged but when the clutch is engaged it is discharging handily. Is an overdrawing clutch a known or...

Troy-bilt mower and electric PTO clutch [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing the lower drive belt on my 23hp Troy-bilt pedal drive garden tractor. The last step in removing the belt is to remove the hex bolt from the center of the electric PTO clutch. When I try to loosen the hex bolt part of the electric clutch and the engine pulley turns at the same time....

View more questions Search