Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peterb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2005, 06:19 PM
    Problem with generic ink cartriges.
    I have an Epson Stylus Photo 830 printer and for some time I have been using generic ink cartridges in it without any problems. When I install the generic cartridge, I get a message that is is not an original and I am asked whether I still want to use it. I opt for "yes" and it works OK. But lately, using the same generic brand, it gets rejected, without giving me the option to use it. Reinstalling the cartridge and switching the printer off and back on does not help. Can anyone help me with this problem?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2005, 04:32 AM
    Ink Cartridges
    Hi,
    I also use an Epson, but it's an Epson Stylus Photo 825. I also use generic cartridges, from http://www.printpal.com.
    I have been using the same generic cartridges, both black and color, for a year now, with no problem. Also used them for the HP I use to have.
    The only thing I can think of is to uninstall the printer (make sure you have the printer install CD first! ).
    Then re-boot, and reinstall it.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2005, 04:40 AM
    Is it possible that last time you installed a ink cartiridge, there was something saying "Don't ask me this question again" and you checked the check box? If that's the case, check the settings for the printer to see if there is something like this in there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Generic Ink to suit a Lexmark Printer [ 5 Answers ]

Could anybody advise me on the cheapest effective option for generic ink to suit a Lexmark P3150 printer. Thanks

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

Generic ink cartridges [ 10 Answers ]

Do generic ink cartridges harm a printer --Lexmark-- and if so how? I had used them successfully in the past, but this time one of them doesn't work. The black doesn't print. Have I damaged the printer? Is there anything I can do?

Payables-Generic ? [ 2 Answers ]

:'( When the month end trial balance is done, shouldn't the payables, (such as wages payable) be cleared to 0??

View more questions Search