Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davekenyon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Junction box on 220 volt line
    What are the stipulations in running a 220 line through a junction box to a 220 plug in for an electric stove?
    Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 06:57 AM
    You can run "through a junction box, each wire counts as one. Cut each wire, and they count as two, for box fill calculation. Use deep box, or box with extension ring.
    What box, wires do you have? Box needs to be grounded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

110 volt versus 220 volt mini heat pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have enclosed my screened porch to create more living space(Florida Room). I am using a single zone mini split ductless heat pump for heating and cooling. It has been calculated that I need a 12,000 BTU unit. However, most of these units are available in 110 volts and 220 volts. The 220 models...

Why 220 volt [ 12 Answers ]

I find that much of Europe uses 220V 50 cycle AC, while USA uses 110-120v 60 cycle AC. Why is this so, and does the 50 to 60 cycle variance cause significant problems? Thanks, Bob

Question on 220 volt [ 4 Answers ]

How can one identify 220 volt appliance besides looking on the appliance? Does 220 volt devices have the same 3 prong (with ground) or two prong configuration on the plug or does something look different indicating that it is 220 volts? Lastly, I know on 20 amp appliances the plug has one...

Older 220 volt wire [ 13 Answers ]

I have an older 220v wire with only 3 wires... 2 hot and 1 ground/neutral (bare). I need to connect (splice) it to a newer 220v wire with 4 wires... 2 hot, 1 neutral (white), and a ground (bare). And older I mean less than 15 years old.

220 volt heater [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install a 220 volt wall heater. The feed line has a red, black, white and copper ground. The heater only has a red, black and ground. What do I do with the white (common) line?

View more questions Search