Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eddiemonsta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 03:18 PM
    How do I get my weak hand better??
    I really need to get better dribbling with my left hand. And I've tried
    Everything from 2-ball drills and tennis ball drills and none of them
    Seem to be working. Can you give me some drills to help me and maybe
    Some tips? I only have a couple of months before the season starts...
    Thank you for your time. I really appreciate any help you can give me...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 13, 2007, 03:29 PM
    If this is so important to you, enough to invest some money, why don't you go to a physiotherapist and get some tips. He/she will tailor a programme for you which will benefit that dribbling hand. Otherwise, you aren't going to get that expertise here.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Some days if you can, practice with left only or mostly.
    I would practice juggling 2 tennis balls with left hand. Or 3 balls, both hands, will help with Hand/Eye coordination also. Good Luck.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 03:40 PM
    I am left handed. I was forced to learn to do certain things right handed because no one could teach me how to do it as a lefty. LOL so, I learned to swing a baseball bat and a golf club with my right hand. What you need to do is to start actively using your left hand for a number of other things , not just the dribbling. You are trying to get coordination control over the side that you don't use regularly. So, in addition to the things you are working on with the balls, start trying to use a fork and eating with your left hand. Start trying to write with your left hand. Start consciously trying to use your left hand for things that you would normally do with your right hand. If you play other sports like baseball & golf, start changing off to your left hand. It is hard, I know ,but if you keep on consciously trying to use your left hand for as many things as possible, it will retrain your brain and body, and you will eventually become ambidextrous (capable of using either the right or left hand for most tasks). Right now, your brain is automatically telling you that your right hand is the "right" hand. As a result, your left hand and arm are not as strong as your right side. So, go to a sporting goods store and pick up a hand grip exerciser. Something like what is shown on this link: Bodybuilding.com - Harbinger Hand Grip - Provides Consistent Tension! On sale now!. Use it on your left hand. You need to build up the muscles in your forearm. That little exerciser will aid you in doing that and in forcing your mind to start getting better control over your left side.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it is going.

P.S. I wrote this and posted before I saw the other responses. I think Tickle's idea of consulting a physiotherapist is a great one. They might be able to give you additional tips.
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2008, 06:11 AM
    When you practise only use your left hand, this worked for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older toilets -- weak swirl, weak flush [ 24 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. Our toilets are original to the house, 20-plus years old. When flushed, the swirl isn't strong enough to completely flush the bowl. The bowl does NOT overflow, but it has to be flushed multiple times. We have very hard water where we live, despite having a regularly...

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

Weak air flow [ 3 Answers ]

I have Rheem 90 Plus imperial about 15 years old. I notice compared to newer or my neighbors systems I have very weak air flow. It will heat and cool the house, but seem like it takes forever. I checked to see if my blower was moving freely and it moves with the slightest touch which tells me the...

Superior militarily but weak? [ 5 Answers ]

If the Chinese were as militariily as advanced as the Discovery Channel portrays then why Were they so easily dominated by Europeans? Cannon? They had cannons before the Europeans had them. Ocean going ships? They had them. Add to this flamethrowers land mines, superior catapults, rockets, and one...

Dog not eating,very weak [ 3 Answers ]

We have a brother and sister austrailan labs... Both have been eating the same and very playful until 2 days ago when the male stops eating, he is very weak, and is barely drinking anything. My husband has had to pick him up to bring him inside 2 times today. He will walk outside and lay down near...

View more questions Search