Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gene ditter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Starts good but stops in 5-10 seconds
    I have a tecumseh engine that is 5 years old and always ran well. The 3rd time I went to start it this year it started good but stops in 5-10 seconds. There is a new spark plug and air cleaner. I have tried to start it more than 12 times now with same result.
    BriggsAndStratton Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jun 12, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Refer to this: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/tools-...nds-85441.html
    gene ditter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 04:14 AM
    Where is the answer to the question about Tecumseh engine that won't keep running?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 05:10 AM
    Try running with the gas cap off. Many times the vent hole will clog up thus causing a vacuum in tank and engine will stop after a short period.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 10:29 PM
    I Would Start By Removing The Carb Bowl And Cleaning, Sounds Like You May Have Water In The Fuel, If You Find Water In The Bowl, Clean Entire Fuel System And Start Over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engine stops after a few seconds [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old Murray Select lawn mower with a 6.5 Briggs & Straton engine. The engine cuts out after a few seconds after I prime it. I had the same problem last spring so I had the engine serviced, they tuned it up, replaced the gas line and put fresh gas in. I am having the exact problem...

1990 Eagle Talon starts, runs 2 seconds, dies. [ 3 Answers ]

My 1990 Eagle Talon turbo AWD starts, runs about 2 seconds, then dies. It just started doing this when I took the ECM out from under the dash to look at the wiring. Sometimes by wiggling the wires around I can get it to run normally (not die). Then while it is running, if I wiggle the wires...

Whirlpool top load washer agitates for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and keeps [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool top load washer agitates for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and keeps this mode till washing cycle is done. There is no problem with draining and spinning. Can someone give me some ideas? I am desperate!

Water stops then starts [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: just recently when I have been taking a shower the water pressure slowly dies out until the water becomes just a trickle for about 2 minutes and then the pressure kicks bak in and the water returns to normal pressure. This has been happening more and more lately. It also happens in the...

View more questions Search