Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heatherfitt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Australian immigration
    I was in the process of applying for residency (partner visa) in australia last September when I had to cancel my application to come back to the u.s. in order to have my baby. I am interested in moving back to australia now, but I was told as I left the Australian airport that I could not return for three years. Is there any way around this rule?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Who told you this
    heatherfitt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 01:26 PM
    The person at the gate in melbourne airport ; I showed them my passport and she pulled me over to the side and told me "do you understand that you will not be able to come back into the country for three years?" and I said "ok" and went through to get on my flight to auckland first and then on to L.A.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Like the airline's ticket agent or someone from Australian Immigration came all the way down to your gate to tell you this.

Don't believe anything a ticket agent tells you, they know nothing of your passport situation and don't know all the laws about immigration. From what I read you can cancel a visa application without consequences, except losing the application fees. From your description above you never received a spousal visa and simply cancelled the application.

Contact the Australia consulate in the US and ask about re-applying, I think you will be allowed to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Australian movie? [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie in the 80's about some school kids and their school was taken over by some criminals. Eventually the kids trap the criminals in a cave or something and killed them. I can't remember the name of that film but if anyone knows I would appreciate the info. Chris

Fees for Australian immigration [ 3 Answers ]

Sir, Please let me know that how much fees has to be deposited for Australian immigration for a student, who has studied in australia and has to apply for Australian p.r.

View more questions Search