Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kate28 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Pregnency? & Operation
    Hi, can anyone help me. My partner and I have been trying for months to get pregnant - but we have had no joy at all.

We moved house 2 weeks ago, and I have got a really funny feeling that we might have done it this time! Only problem is, I am booked in for an operation on Monday 18th - the day my period is due - is there anyway I can find out if I am pregnant before this time as I will not go through with the operation.

I have been told that the GA could be harmful to a baby and the hospital would not be happy to carry out the operation if this was the case?

Help?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Nowadays most hospitals require pregnancy test before procedure is done. If you are pregnant they most likely will cancel the surgery
    Kate28 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy
    nowadays most hospitals require preg test before procedure is done. if you are pregnant they most likely will cancel the surgery
    Is that so? They did not mention this to me when I called... (I am from the UK)
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 06:26 AM
    I had two operations in ny and when I checked in and they put you in the room to prep you, blood pressure etc. they asked if there was a chance I was pregnant. I said absolutely no and they made me take a pregnant. Test anyway. Save yourself some time and trouble. At least the day before your surgery go purchase a digital pregnancy test.
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Jun 11, 2007, 06:33 AM
    In th UK they definitely do a pregnancy test before any form of operation as well as their usual blood test and everything else. The above poster is correct, they check and check again just to make sure. They do a pregnancy test even if you are on some form of contraception.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I do NOT want to get pregnant & I'm totally ignorant about pregnency and dates. [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I am 23 years old girl.Its been 5- 6 months I got into a relationship and in Jan we ended up making love.I am totally new to this and have no idea about sex or dates or anything at all.My boyfriend says he has some knowledge but I am not at all confident about his knowledge.By now we would...

Toilet operation [ 3 Answers ]

Can you tell me specifically WHERE the water comes from that fills the siphon that causes the toilet bowl to empty? All the cut-away pictures that I've seen don't show where this large amount of water comes from to start the siphoning action. I'm going nuts trying to understand this.

Specified I/O operation not completed [ 3 Answers ]

I see the help here but want to understand what caused it. Currently I'm virus scanning an external hard drive (that is the HD out of my laptop). What I/O operation is it speaking of? The virus scan is still going on no problem - except that it's taking forever.

Operation error? [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to access a local (national chain) hardware site there is a message that says that the operation was aborted. How do I correct this error message? It only appears when I try to go to this one website. Thanks

Illegal Operation--Help? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi-- When I log off on Window's 98SE--after a few minutes, when I try to get back on--it say's I have performed an illegal operation--it say's the reason is--"MPREXE"--can anyone please tell me what this means? And what I can do to correct it--Thank you--

View more questions Search