Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rodtino Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 11:04 AM
    A/C working but not coming on long enough or often enough to cool
    Home built in 1977- Florida- just bought house 6 months. Ago. A/C unit is 5 yrs. Old. The thermostat is a new Honeywell programmable model. House also has the original dehumidistat. The air that blows out is cold, but it doesn't stay on long enough or come on often enough to cool to the temperature set. During the day it is getting up to 80 degrees and the thermostat is set at 74 degrees. I have had 3 people who are somewhat familiar (maintenance man from my old apartment for example) look for all of the obvious things-- we have determined the problem is not lack of freon, not anything to do with the filter, not the blower, not any of the major parts, it is not frozen or clogged. Also, I replaced the thermostat face with a new one and it has fresh batteries. The maintenance man thought that the dehumidistat was bad and was keeping the a/c from coming on like it should, so he disconnected it from the thermostat and it is still disconnected. No change-- a friend who is an a/c contractor out of state said it sounds like it is a bad relay. If this is the problem, we can fix this ourselves, but we don't know where to locate it. Any ideas on what the trouble may be and/or where the relay is located? I have many reasons I am not trusting of a/c contractors which I can get in to if you need me to, if this is something simple, we would like to fix it ourselves. Thank you for your help, Heather
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 11, 2007, 01:53 AM
    On the digital programmable Honeywell there is a adjustment for cycle time on most units. Post Model number and I will try to look it up.
    Rodtino Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Thank you for your help, my boyfriend was able to figure it out, Thanks very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cool Illusion! [ 10 Answers ]

I'd forgotten about this one. It's not new; some of you have seen this before... if you haven't seen it, you're in for a treat! http://www.johnsadowski.com/big_spanish_castle.php

Help me cool my upstairs [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a brand new 88,000 BTU heat/AC unit on my house. My downstairs is very cool but my upstairs (which has a vaulted ceiling) is very hot. I have one floor vent in my bedroom and all the vents in the upstairs are open. I have heard of a fan or blower that you can put into the floor vent...

Wouldn't it be cool [ 1 Answers ]

I was just browsing through GameFaqs, because that is what I do. I saw Pokemon Battle Revolution on the list, and checked it out. It listed in GameFaqs as a "Fantasy > Strategy > Turn Based". My heart immediately went flutter, but when I read the previews was informed that it was just another...

'cause I'm cool! [ 5 Answers ]

Why do teenagers say 'cause all the time? " Cause it's this.", 'cause I'm cool"

HELP, it's not cool in here [ 1 Answers ]

Woke this morning to a half way cool home. Heard the central air conditioner shut off and all of a sudden I hear this clanging noise from the furnace. HELP:eek:

View more questions Search