Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fahese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 11:28 PM
    Antique Buffet
    Are there markings on furniture indicating the manufacturer?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2008, 11:33 PM
    Many times, yes. There can be small pieces of paper that are fastened to the back or to the bottom of a piece of furniture. There also might be writing in pencil or ink or even stamped impressions of the manufacture that would look like depressions in the wood.

Have you found something on the buffet that you're wondering about, please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have an Antique if so what is it worth [ 8 Answers ]

I think I have some antiques but I'm not sure. I have a set of black cast iron hitching post horse heads. Its just the heads not the post. Are they antique? I also have a set of Red Game cock rosters liq. Bottle collectibles. On the bottom it has Heritage China 1970 S.N-7 Ezra Brooks. Are they...

Antique silver tea set [ 5 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a silver tea set from an estate sale for my mother as a birthday gift. I am having and extremely hard time finding out about the silversmith mark on the pieces. I do not have any pictures as yet, but would like to see if anyone else might know, or have an idea, as to how...

Antique dishes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I have what I think are antique or collectible dishes. It's a set actually. There are 6 big plates, 8 small plates, 3 ice cream glasses, and 2 drink glasses. I know there are a total of 3 glasses missing. It's clear with a pink tint. The strange thing is that there is no...

How do I antique after painting? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently used an antiquing kit from Rustoleum's American Accents collection and the look is awful. The base coat is ivory and the stain top coat is a brown color. It doesn't look antiqued to me, it just resembles an off white color that someone threw muddy water on. After reading online...

Cooking sliced ham for buffet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am cooking ham for a church buffet. We had the ham presliced. I am afraid that they might get dried out since it is presliced. Does anyone have advice on cooking 30 lbs of ham slices, perhaps with coke?

View more questions Search