Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 02:11 PM
    Will God bless the broken road?
    Hey guys,

I think I've been walking the broken road for a while. I've set out on a journey of my life many years ago hoping to find true love. I got lost a time or two but it seems that I haven't found my way yet. I wiped my eyes and just kept pushing through. There were many who broke my heart, will the result lead me somewhere?

I think about the years I spent just passing through and I would love to have the time I lost back and just give it back to someone. Is it all part of a grander plan? Im waiting for northern stars to point me in the right decision. I've been lost for a while and I left God's love a while ago and chose another road. Is He still looking after me? Will God bless the broken road and give me a sign in life to someone or something?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2009, 02:23 PM

First we often blame or expect things that God leaves up to us, and allows us free choice

So when you turn back to God and start looking for his help, he is more likely to be there to help you
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

May 24, 2009, 10:59 PM

I honestly don't know anyone who was not on the broken road before his/hers life changed!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 12:10 AM

I have always liked this poem.Yes,I believe he is looking after you.

One night I dreamed a dream.
    I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

Margaret Fishback Powers, 1964
    channi5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 12:34 AM
    Hang in there. Keep your life simple and have faith. Don''t give air time to cuddy buddies they only get in the way. Go out of the norm and see what happens.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 01:24 AM

God will never leave you, broken road or not. When we feel most alone, it is because we have ignored God. Life and words are things we use to distance ourselves but God is right there all along.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 25, 2009, 04:11 AM
    none12345,
    "You say you've gone 10,000 steps away? Don't you know it's only one step back?"
    Petra-
    Why ask what God's will is for your life if you're not willing to abide by it?
    The emptiness you feel inside is, because of seeking a fulfilling relationship with God, you are seeking what you think will be a fulfilling relationship with another person. You are living the life YOU choose and asking God to bless it rather than give yourself to Him and live the life He chose for you.
    "Seek first the Kingdom of God..."
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

May 25, 2009, 05:11 AM

None12345, do you remember the story of lost sheep? HE comes after one lost sheep leaving other 99 sheep behind. HE rejoices on getting back that lost sheep. You can read at Luke 15:1-10.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Helped a lot.

I would like to rekindle my relationship with God. When I was small I grew up as a Christian, I just felt that wasn't the right Christianity route for me. I want to find a way that brings me closer to Him.

Im not running from anything. I just think its time for me to go Home. I don't regret this life I chose for me, I've learned a lot. Every long lost dream led me here but I don't know where here is. How can God look after me when I left him? Now I just want the time back and give it to Him. Have God been there? Does He understand?

I think I've set out on a narrow way many years ago only to find myself on the broken road. Have you been on the broken road before? How did things turn out? Love to hear some experiences you guys been through.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 02:40 PM

He knows what is in your heart.Perhaps you needed to stray from the path in order to truly appreciate it,on a deeper more meaningful level.

I had a strict religious upbringing and in my young years I decided I did not want that anymore.I studied many different faiths and was on a spiritual journey,which has led me back home.

Now my faith is not just something that was forced upon me but something I have embraced of my own volition.I think I am more true to my faith that I ever was as a result of that journey.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

God bless Joe Biden [ 34 Answers ]

You got to love the guy for speaking his mind... If he's so brilliant and so prepared, why is Biden already begging for help? Why is he already predicting low poll numbers? This is the guy that "has it" and this is his running mate? Reportedly Biden added, “I probably shouldn’t have said...

Road through NJ [ 4 Answers ]

What is the name of the road which travells through new jersy. I really want to know this answer because my brothers child has a project which he has to answer this question. :confused:

God Bless My Computer [ 5 Answers ]

Bless My Computer Blessings on this fine machine, May its data all be clean. Let the files stay where they're put, Away from disk drives keep all soot. From its screen shall come no whines, Let in no spikes on power lines. As oaks were sacred to the Druids, ...

Figure out the name to this song! God bless! :) [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me figure out the name of this song!! i love it sooo much and i would really appreicate it if anyone can help! its a guy singing and it at the beginning it says "we should wear jerseys, because we mamke a good team" then somthin like "even tho it yours would look better on you." or...

EMERGENCY LEGAL ISSUE/bless to find this condo [ 1 Answers ]

I live in fl. And lease is not up. I have come across a lovely condo that is affordable and owners are trying to sell ASAP! I have not given a 60 days notice because this was very unexpected. Please, if someone can tell me if there is a clause in the fl. Law books that can help me with this...

View more questions Search