Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dreaming07 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 12:12 PM
    False tooth.
    My husband's "fang" tooth cracked last night and fell out. All that is left is part of his tooth left in the gum,he went to the dentist today and they said they could give the little bit of tooth he has left a root canal and pull back the gum and I guess build on that and make a crown. Well it is going to be $2000.00 with dental insurance.so he is going to ask about a partial,bridge or implant. What way should he go?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 12:37 PM
    It depends on what you can afford right now. I have permanent caps on my two, big front teeth. But, originally, they were only severely chipped and so could both be ground down and the caps then applied. It was a little over $500.00 for the procedure and cap per tooth.

But, if I am correct, it sounds like there isn't enough of your husband's tooth left to just put a cap on it without doing the root canal procedure? So, his problem is more severe than mine was.

I also have a friend whose two front teeth were knocked out a long time ago. I noticed that she had metal on the roof of her mouth holding two, fake teeth in. I asked her why she had not gotten permanent replacements. She said, "It was all we could afford at the time."

Dentists will try to go the routes to save what is left of anyone's real teeth. Although, it is usually more expensive when trying to save what's left of teeth.

What the dentist is suggesting sounds like a lot of work for the dentist. So, that may be why it might cost so much.

If it were me, and money was an issue, then I would try to see if the remaining part of the tooth could be protected for the time being and have something like a bridge or removable denture put in until I could save up for something more permanent.

There is an article that may be of interest to you on the following site.

Dental Implants Surgery | Dental Bridge Crowns | Periodontist California

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of false Pregncany [ 1 Answers ]

What is it called when you have all the symptoms of being pregnant but you are not?

False hope [ 20 Answers ]

As the title suggests. I wanted to started a discussion about giving or receiving false hope when dumping or being dumped. Personally, I think this is the worst you can do to a person you don't want to be with anymore; When breaking up, dumpers often say "innocent" things, like in my case: "never...

False Arrest [ 8 Answers ]

I was falsly arrested in Texas for a felony crime, does anybody know a lawyer that will handle the case and sue the county for false arrest?

View more questions Search