Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dandy76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Relationships
    I had been going out with this guy for 2 years. In July he broke up with me due to stress at work with the economy etc... but one of the problems was drinking which caused turmoil in the relationship. So recently I quit drinking and feel great. He is aware that I stopped as well. Well its been about a month or less since I haven't seen him. I've had brief texes from him saying if it's meant to be it will be in good time. That was about 2 weeks ago that he sent that to me. But today he out of the blue texed me again saying how are you doing? Just checking up on you. I said I'm good thanks for checking and I miss you... So how should I take his question? In my heart I still love him and miss him dearly. I would like to see what happens if we can work it out. So what does this mean? Is there another chance or is he just trying to appease me?
    Thanks
    Lindsay
    crisluvsu731 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2009, 02:40 PM

How old are you 2?
    crisluvsu731 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2009, 02:41 PM
    The two of you, not saying you are 2, sorry. Lol
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 06:29 AM

I just don't see sense in waiting on someone to give you an answer... especially this long. It isn't reasonable to wait around. That is great that you quit drinking but keep on doing it and do other things to make yourself a more valuable person, not only to him, but more so for yourself.

The only thing you can do in life is to do right by yourself and others. You can't control what others will do, so just do what you have to do and the cards will fall where they may. That also means that you shouldn't be waiting on him to ask for you back. His actions show he doesn't want you back right now, so don't stop living your life.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 12:00 PM

Get out and live life.

If he really wanted you, he would have tried harder, and tried sooner.
    Instead, find yourself someone new. Someone better.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 03:27 PM

I have to agree with the others as it seems he wants you to do the work, and make this work, while he does nothing.

Fact in point, he checks on you through texts instead of be honest and straight forward and asking for you back.

Stop wondering what he is doing, and do your own thing. If he wanted you that bad he would be doing the right things to get you back.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2009, 04:33 PM

He may just want to leave the option open but right now has no intent to pursue a relationship.
    I would take it as get on with your life and if he ever pops back in and you are free then fine otherwise don't sit around holding your breath waiting on him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'How to' in relationships? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all, I believe that I am very naïve when it comes to relationships. I started my first 'real' relationship 2 years and 5 months ago and to this day I feel like there is something lacking between my significant other and I. The problem is, I can't seem to figure it out so I will ask every...

Age and Relationships [ 22 Answers ]

Hi guys and gals, I have a question or interesting topic to start here. When would you all say would be an appropriate age to start thinking about a serious relationship? I had my first serious (i.e long term) relationship (which as some of you know lasted 3 years) when I was 23. I was not...

View more questions Search